Banquet Chicken Nuggets Frozen Dinner  » Food  »
  • I like that the cheese sauce is neither too thick or too thin, and in my opinion it has the perfect thickness of sauce in comparison to the macaroni, which was perfectly cooked and tender, neither too gummy and soft or too undercooked
  • Like a lot of frozen dinners, however, it does have a lot of sodium at 620 milligrams, so people who are watching their salt intake should probably avoid this
  • The only thing I wasn’t crazy about with this meal is that I thought the breading on the chicken nuggets was a little too soggy

• by sarahanne

I’ve tried one or two Banquet frozen dinners over the past couple of years, and I always thought they were just okay. Given that they’re usually less than $2 per single-serving box, and when they’re on sale they’re about a dollar, I figured you get what you pay for in this case.

However, I recently tried their Chicken Nugget frozen meal and my opinion of them changed.

This meal I would actually describe as really good.

It features five boneless breaded

chicken nuggets as the main dish and sides including frozen corn kernels and macaroni and cheese.

I liked that the chicken nuggets were nice and juicy and chewy, though they are made with dark meat, so people who don’t like dark meat won’t like these.

The corn kernels are pretty much what you’d expect, but the macaroni and cheese is really good.

I like that the cheese sauce is neither too thick or too thin, and in my opinion it has ...

• the perfect thickness of sauce in comparison to the macaroni, which was perfectly cooked and tender, neither too gummy and soft or too undercooked.

I liked that this meal is easy to heat up in the microwave, too.

It takes less than five minutes to nuke it and begin to enjoy it.

I also really like that this dinner only has 380 calories and offers a good amount of vitamin A and calcium.

Like a lot of frozen dinners, however, it

does have a lot of sodium at 620 milligrams, so people who are watching their salt intake should probably avoid this.

The only thing I wasn’t crazy about with this meal is that I thought the breading on the chicken nuggets was a little too soggy.

It wasn’t nearly as crisp as I normally like, but I suppose perhaps the chicken nuggets are exposed to too much moisture for them to be terribly crispy, and the coating naturally gets saturated with the moisture.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716121359491131/k2311a1216/12.16.10