Supernatural TV Series (Season 1)  » TV  »
  • So I decided to wait it out, and start watching the seasons one by one
  • This show has a lot of everything that I love
  • I really enjoyed the fact that in every episode, you learned something new about one of the brothers
  • I think it had to do with the way they made the story
  • One of the things I like about this show as far as this season went is the fact that it was scary without being too gory

• by Victoria Durm

In the summer of 2010, I came across a few friends who kept talking about a show called Supernatural. At this point, the series was into it’s fifth season. So I decided to wait it out, and start watching the seasons one by one.

In June, I began watching Season 1. This show has a lot of everything that I love. Ghosts, demons, witty characters, and deep storylines. Season 1 of Supernatural is different from any other first season show I could have watched.

The show centers on brothers Dean and Sam Winchester. They are two men who have had one crazy

childhood. They lost their mother due to a demon attack. 22 years later, Sam and Dean are on the hunt for the demon that killed their mother, and their missing father.

The show offers a monster-of-the-week feel, with a much deeper storyline embedded throughout it. This season was a great introduction to what would go on to become a great phenomenon.

I really enjoyed the fact that in every episode, you learned something new about one of the brothers. They are played flawlessly by Jensen Ackles (Dean) and Jared Padalecki (Sam). They have great chemistry on screen, and it shows that the really do get along in real life. It’s great to see that.

The comedic timing of the lead actors is dead on. There can be an intense moment, and you find yourself cracking up. The story unfolds and you don’t even remember that they’re hunting something that has nothing to do with the demon they’re trying to find. I got really involved in the story line itself. Nevermind the fact that each episode manifested all of my childhood fears!

My favorite episode by far had to be “Bloody Mary”. I can’t believe I’m saying that. Considering that episode scared the mess out ...

• Supernatural TV Series (Season 1)
      of me, I am a bit surprised to realize that it was my favorite of the season. I think it had to do with the way they made the story. It was well written. They took an old legend, and put their own spin on it. The writers should have gotten an award for that.

One of the things I like about this show as far as this season went is the fact that it was scary without being too gory. There were a few instances that made me go, “eww!”, but not enough for me not to watch it. This is

coming from someone who flat out refuses to watch slasher flicks of any kind. There is just enough balance for me to tolerate the little bit of gore that they do throw in.

There has been no other first season that has gotten me so completely wrapped up in a show like Supernatural has. I have of course seen the rest of the seasons that are available on DVD, and I am currently watching the recent season. Supernatural Season 1 is a must for anyone looking for something new to watch, and who loves horror and comedy combined just the right way.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1016121359411131/k2311a1216/12.16.10