GPX HT219B 5.1 Channel Home Theater System  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am with this home theater system
  • I inquired about sending it back and it will cost be about eighteen dollars
  • I think I’ll be donating this one to Goodwill and looking for another home theater set
  • My suggestion is don’t buy a GPX HT219B 5.1 Channel Home Theater System

• by ClickMyReview

I recently purchased a GPX HT219B 5.1 Channel Home Theater System to replace my old Panasonic DVD player. I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am with this home theater system.

The set up comes with a DVD player 5 stereo speakers, a subwoofer, a remote control, an AM loop antenna, a FM wire antenna and RCA A/V cable. This was an online catalog purchase, so I didn’t get a chance to actually hear the unit before I purchased it. All I

had to rely on was the description in the catalog.

The features listed included DVD, DVD-R/RW, playing JPEG picture discs, multi-language on screen display, fast forward, fast backward, slow motion, zoom, AM and FM digital tuner and full featured remote. The speakers output at 45 watts each, the subwoofer at 150 watts with a total output of 375 watts.

OK, that all sounds really good, right? Wrong, this home theater system is so cheaply made that within the first twenty four hours of owning it, the ...

• flimsy drawer load DVD player jammed and broke. It has not closed correctly closed since then. If we jiggle the drawer, it closes sometimes and we can watch a movie.

Even if the drawer was still working, the sound is not really worth listening to. The TV in its normal mode sounds better than the entire home theater set. I would venture to say that’s pretty bad.

But, this purchase only goes to show that you get what you pay for. The whole

set was only eighty nine dollars. I inquired about sending it back and it will cost be about eighteen dollars. At this point, I’m so aggravated with the whole thing, it’s not worth the trouble.

I think I’ll be donating this one to Goodwill and looking for another home theater set. My suggestion is don’t buy a GPX HT219B 5.1 Channel Home Theater System. Save your money up if you have to wait and get a better unit. This one is pretty bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616121359111131/k2311a1216/12.16.10