The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Original Movie Soundtrack (CD)
  • I have enjoyed reliving certain aspects of the movie through the music on the CD
  • While I don't think this is necessarily their best work, it's still pretty good
  • I think people are going to start considering them the Twilight House band
  • I will be very disappointed if they are not present on the next soundtrack
  • While this soundtrack is not one that I listen to from beginning to end, there are enough tracks on it that I like to say that it's good

• by Victoria Durm

First and foremost, I have to admit that I have not listened to this CD as much as I have the previous two. It is not because it’s bad. It’s just not my taste in music.

I will say that the music does match the much darker tone of the movie. I have enjoyed reliving certain aspects of the movie through the music on the CD. There are some very enjoyable songs on the CD.

One of my favorite song is “Eclipse (All Yours”) the first track on the CD by Metric. I have heard Metric from time to time on various projects. One of them being another vampire related show, The Vampire Diaries. They have incredible pipes. The tune of this particular song is catchy, and makes me want to hear it over and

over again.

Muse, as always, is ever present on the track listing. This time, they offer us a song called “Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)”. While I don’t think this is necessarily their best work, it’s still pretty good. I think people are going to start considering them the Twilight House band. They have been a marked presence on every soundtrack that has been released. I will be very disappointed if they are not present on the next soundtrack!

Muse’s offering reminds me of another song of theirs. This is not a bad thing, as the song that it reminds me of is one of my favorites to begin with. It helps! The tune, beat, and lyrics are easy on the ears, and fun to sing with. Though, if you’re more of a fan ...

• of their harder stuff, this song will not be for you! You have been warned.

“Ours” is another song that I’ve grown fond of the more I listen to it. This song is by The Bravery. It seems that these guys are everywhere now. I guess being on a Twilight soundtrack can really boost your fan base. I mean, look what it did for Paramore, and Muse. This attention is undeserved, however. The Bravery has a rich set of vocals. This song, by the way, is very cool. The lyrics encourage two lovers to go for it while they can. It is a reminder that life is short, and we should take advantage of the time we have, and not be afraid of what the next day brings. It’s highly upbeat, and makes me want

to dance. In fact, when I am listening to this song on my Ipod with the earbuds, that’s exactly what I do.

Howard Shore contributes to the overall soundtrack by wrapping it up with a track called “Jacob’s Theme”. This song is very sad. It reminds me of Jacob, and how he must feel, knowing that Bella has chosen Edward, and not him. It is the most depressing song on the score as well. I don’t listen to it as often. Though I do think it fits the character well.

While this soundtrack is not one that I listen to from beginning to end, there are enough tracks on it that I like to say that it’s good. The music itself just isn’t what I normally listen to. As I mentioned, however, it does fit the movie very well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1416121358861031/k2311a1216/12.16.10