Dragon Age DLC: Golems of Amgarrak
2.0
  • The beginning movie was very interesting and drew me in, but after that, it was very slow
  • I enjoyed the ride through and the story until I reached the Harvester

• by sarahdragon26

Hopefully, someone can tell me why this DLC was even released because, for the life of me, I can’t figure it out. It wasn’t overly bad. I was just expecting a great deal more from it. The beginning movie was very interesting and drew me in, but after that, it was very slow.

Yes, it is really interesting to explore a lost Thaig and learn a lot about the history of it, but where was the real challenge behind it all? I stupidly asked that question and got punched in the face with my answer. Or at least a punch is what it felt like. My biggest complaint

about this game has been and always will be the enemy you fight at the end, The Harvester. It’s a huge creature with a detachable head and basically unbeatable. And I’m not whinning when I say that. I was playing with god weapons that have 99% kill power. And the two dwarves who are trying to help me, die before the fight is even half-way through. I wasted more poltices and potions then I ever did in Awakenings and Origins combined. It was very frustrating and straight to the point, annoying as hell. I screamed more than once when I got the creature down to 25 percent life ...

• and then I’m surrounded by skeletons and I’m alone. The least to say is that I died, each and every time. I didn’t even have this much trouble with the archdemon, so my question is, why would they make this sucker so hard, if the archdemon was a walk n the park?

Aside from the overly impossible monster to kill, it had an interesting basic storyline that you need to find the dwarves that came here. And when you do find one, he’s all blue. It’s discovered that this thaig used lyirum for their experiments into golems and such, creating an opening into the Fade. Once you enter the

Fade, you rescue the dwarf, fighting off your normal fade monsters; like undead skeletons, arcane horrors, etc.

With DLC’s, you can’t really ask if there’s replay value? If I was asked about giving advice on playing this DLC, I would be completely against it. I enjoyed the ride through and the story until I reached the Harvester. Then my enjoyment went down the drain, replaced by anger. Just the thought of playing it again, turns my stomach in disgust. I still have it, naturally, but uninstalled it from my computer so when I play Origins again, I won’t see it. It really left a very bad taste in my mouth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2816121358851031/k2311a1216/12.16.10