Maybelline The Falsies Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was happy with my discoveries, but nothing quite beat Diorshow
  • When I came home, I bought a tube of my own
  • However, this time around my experience was a little different
  • I was surprised and disappointed at the same time
  • I will definitely be buying more of this mascara in the future

• by pennylane

I have a handful of mascaras in my makeup bag, some I reach for daily and others I have completely forgotten about. For a few years, I was a very loyal Diorshow fan. But spending twenty-three dollars on a mascara every two or three months got a little ridiculous. So I started going the drugstore route. And I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by the vast collection they had. At first, I had trouble even deciding on a mascara. But then I slowly started trying out the most popular ones, like Covergirl and Maybelline. I was happy with my discoveries, but nothing quite beat Diorshow. However, I was on a mission to find drugstore mascara that I absolutely loved.

I went to visit my sister a few

months ago. She had a tube of The Falsies my Maybelline laying around in the bathroom. I quickly picked it up in the morning when I was doing my makeup and tried it one. And my goodness, I was amazed! And I absolutely loved the pink tube it came in. When I came home, I bought a tube of my own. However, this time around my experience was a little different.

The consistency of the mascara felt a little runny, which made my lashes clump. I was surprised and disappointed at the same time. But I soon forgot about it and started using other mascaras. However, recently I spotted my tube of the Falsies again and decided to give it another try. This time around, the effect was the ...

• same as when I had tried my sister’s mascara. Some drugstore mascaras are a little runny; so I usually open them and let them just sit for a few weeks before I actually use them. I think it was the same case with this one also. Now that the consistency is not runny and it does not clump, I absolutely love this mascara. This is the one I reach for every single day. It really does give me that “false” look, but in a really good way. People ask me if I am wearing fake lashes all the time. I just smile and tell them that that would require too much effort.

I love how this mascara brightens up my eyes also. I do not know how, but I

notice a difference as soon as I apply this mascara every morning. I usually curl my lashes again and reapply my mascara around or after lunchtime, which is not really an issue for me. The most important part is that it does not flake at all. Of course, if I’m playing around with my lashes (which I tend to do sometimes), I’ll have little flakes of mascara under my eyes. But if I leave my lashes alone, I don’t have that issue. I will definitely be buying more of this mascara in the future.

Maybelline has never disappointed me. However, with this mascara, they have completely and truly lived up to my standards. You just have to give it a few days for the consistency to even out.

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115121358451031/k2311a1215/12.15.10