Seven Feathers Casino Resort  » Casino  »
146 Chief Miwaleta Lane, Canyonville, Oregon, USA
  • I am not so lucky, I mostly consider going to a casino a form of entertainment
  • If you can't afford the hotel, there is an RV park and a motel associated with it, but I haven't stayed at either so I cannot review them but it is convenient to have the option
  • I had no complaint with the room at all, and I know there are much nicer rooms you could book
  • I do recommend this place to others, I would fly in if I lived on the west coast and was tired of Vegas but wanted a similar experience

• by mamajess

I have read several places that the Seven Feathers Resort and Casino is the second biggest tourist attraction in Oregon, right behind Crater Lake. How can it be ahead of Portland or Bend, home of the shakespeare festival you may ask? That is a good question and it is not hard to answer. If you live anywhere below Seattle on the West Coast and you are closer to Seattle than to Vegas and you like to Gamble you have few options. Sure we have a bunch of smaller casinos in the area, but none as big as this and it seems to be a fact that people love to gamble as I have watched this Casino just get bigger and bigger.

Do you have a friend like mine, one of those people who actually makes money gambling, as in $5k or more per year? I am not so lucky, I mostly consider going to a casino a form of entertainment. I take a certain amount of money and

when it is gone, I am done. Well, if you are one of those lucky few who are good at gambling you are in all the clubs and you get deals and perks we normal people never get.

I go along with my friend a few times a year to different casinos because she can get me a good deal and it is a nice little mini vacation. I honestly do not know how many casinos both Indian and other I have been to in the last few years, but the good ones do stand out and this is one of them. Let me describe this place to you.

You drive about an hour out of Portland to the middle of no where. I mean really there is nothing in the area but the casino. There is a nice air museum for those interested in planes nearby, but otherwise you do not plan on leaving the resort because there is no where to go.

The Hotel ...

• is very nice, it has the native feel but also has a lot of marble and polished wood. The rooms are well appointed with quality linens like a four star hotel. If you can’t afford the hotel, there is an RV park and a motel associated with it, but I haven’t stayed at either so I cannot review them but it is convenient to have the option.

The hotel has some very nice deals such as $60 rooms at certain times so it is a decent option for most pocket books. The hotel is out in the boonies so you get a nice view of nature and pretty hills from most rooms. I have only stayed in the regular room but it was very nice and our bathroom was awesome.

I had no complaint with the room at all, and I know there are much nicer rooms you could book. Our room had a lot of ammenities like the wi fi and satellite tv I always look for

and there is a nice looking Spa I did not try out there, but I did use the fitness room twice and it was just as nice as the ones in larger more expensive hotels I have stayed at. As far as the casino goes, well I am not a big gambler so I cannot tell you how the odds were.

It was really clean and nice and I did not feel I was taken advantage of. It was well lit and classy and did not feel seedy or dirty at all and I would not say the same about some of the better known casinos in Vegas. I do recommend this place to others, I would fly in if I lived on the west coast and was tired of Vegas but wanted a similar experience.

This has a nice family feel to it that those who are uncomfortable with Las Vegas would enjoy. You get your money’s worth and have a nice resort feel even if you are not a big gambler like myself.

Seven Feathers Casino Resort

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4815121358321031/k2311a1215/12.15.10