Cinema by YSL perfume  » Perfume  »
  • One present I was particularly impressed with was from my husband which was a bottle of YSL Cinema
  • I have tested this scent out myself as I work part time in a perfume store, but because of the very hefty price tag that comes attached to it ( around the £60 mark for the 3oz eau de toilette though prices may vary ) I have stayed away from purchasing it myself as I found it hard to justify paying so much

• by ticktock

As it was my birthday recently I knew to expect mainly perfumes for presents, as I’d been told by family and friends what I would be getting. One present I was particularly impressed with was from my husband which was a bottle of YSL Cinema.

I have tested this scent out myself as I work part time in a perfume store, but because of the very hefty price tag that comes attached to it ( around the £60 mark for the 3oz eau de toilette though prices may vary ) I have stayed away from purchasing it myself as I found it hard to justify paying so much.

I was very excited to unwrap this particular fragrance as anyone knows YSL just

cries out sophistication and expensive luxury..so does it live up to it’s position high up on that pedestal?

Firstly I have to describe the bottle for anyone that hasn’t seen this perfume as it’s just exquisite. The shape is nothing overtly exciting as it’s a plain upright standing rectangular design, but it’s the attention to detail that really catches the eye.

There are kind of ‘waves’ and small patterns all embossed on the transparent glass with the word Cinema wrote in a simple font. It may not sound it but I assure you the whole design smacks of decadence and literally sparkles under the lights making it look very glamorous indeed.

There is a simplistic rectangular lid which adorns the nozzle and this is in a golden colour keeping with the expensive theme, though the fact it is made of plastic does cheapen the perfume, but that’s my only negative so far.

So how does it feel to wear Cinema?

Cinema is made up using Clementine, Almond Blossom and Cyclamen as the introductory top notes.

Creating the heart is made up of Peony, Jasmine and Amaryllis so is heavily floral based.

This is finished off with a base of Vanilla, Musk, and Amber.

Wearing Cinema is a real delight, as from the first spritz of it on to my skin I am whisked away to another world - one full of expense and opulence as the almond blossom is the first of the notes to hit my ...

• Cinema by YSL perfume
      nasal passages. It has such warmth and depth that it just intoxicating the second you sample the scent of it.

The floral heart notes start to come through almost instantaneous and actually are a nice companion along with the almond blossom, which takes the edge off of the floral notes dominating by creating a softness to the fragrance.

When the perfume has finally settled into itself and has become comfortable on my skin I can start to see it changing into a sexy, heady woody scent. This is all thanks to the musk and amber, which gives this perfume the desired level of sexiness it requires, but also the vanilla adds that sweet and slightly innocence key to Cinema which

makes it ideal for most ages to wear.

It is slightly overpowering on application there is no denying that, but when you are paying for a luxury perfume then it is to be expected and strength comes with the price tag in most cases.

Because it is a strong perfume it is more suited to evening wear as it is far too heavy for simple daytime usage and would seem very out of place if worn for something as trivial as grocery shopping or working in the office. This is designed with passion in mind and should be worn at the same time as that perfect little black dress whilst sipping a cocktail.

Highly recommended..if you can bear to part with your money for it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615121357960931/k2311a1215/12.15.10