Crimson Cardinal Red Throw and Accent Christmas Pillow (Product Number 9712210)  » Housewares  »
  • The Crimson Cardinal Red Throw and Accent Christmas Pillow cost fourteen dollars and ninety-nine cents when I purchased it in January of last year when all Christmas items were slashed in price
  • The regular price for one of these pillows is almost twenty-five dollars now and I think that's more than a tad high, even though I like the pillow
  • This is a convenient feature that not all pillows have
  • With all this in mind, while the price I paid was acceptable, I wouldn't buy another at what it's selling for today

• by CirclingCanvas

The Crimson Cardinal Red Throw and Accent Christmas Pillow cost fourteen dollars and ninety-nine cents when I purchased it in January of last year when all Christmas items were slashed in price. The regular price for one of these pillows is almost twenty-five dollars now and I think that’s more than a tad high, even though I like the pillow. If a person buys just two for each end of the couch, he or she is looking at around fifty dollars. This isn’t the type of pillow that a person would sleep on, but instead, toss on the couch or a chair or prop up along say the fireplace. The size of the pillow comes out to being sixteen inches in height and sixteen inches in length.

This is an attractive pillow. The color of the pillow is a vibrant red and in the middle of the pillow are the words “Merry

Christmas” written in cursive letters and in gold. The words are surrounded by a green and gold leaf-like pattern that repeatedly occasionally intersects with each other. The pattern and the text are both attractive to look at and the shade of red the pillow comes in is really eye-catching. Attached to one corner of the pillow are some green leaves. The attached leaves look a tad awkward being connected to the pillow and I’m always a bit worried that I or someone is going to be pressing down on the leaves unknowingly and the pillow ends up getting moved, thus causing the leaves to rip off the edge of the pillow. Thus, I have to be a little more careful with this pillow than others that I have.

The pillow’s exterior is made out of fake suede. Despite the suede being fake, the pillow still feels smooth and soft to the touch. What’s ...

• nice is how I can easily remove the cover of the pillow via a small zipper that’s not overly noticeable and thus more easily clean any marks or stains that may show up over time. This is a convenient feature that not all pillows have. The pillow itself provides a decent amount of comfort when I rest my body up against it. There’s not really a generous amount of cushioning, but there’s sufficient cushioning so that having this pillow on a couch or chair is not purely for appearance, but it’s also functional as well and so it can be used to provide additional comfort or support.

The Crimson Cardinal Red Throw and Accent Christmas Pillow adds color and a festive feeling to a room. The rich shade of red coupled with the gold and green leaves that run around the “Merry Christmas” text as well as the green leaves attached to the

edge of the pillow makes this pillow nice to look at. Keeping the pillow looking bright and clean isn’t difficult thanks to the cover being removable via a small and relatively unnoticeable zipper. It’s a soft pillow that provides about as much cushioning as the average couch pillow. With all this in mind, while the price I paid was acceptable, I wouldn’t buy another at what it’s selling for today. This pillow feels pleasant to the touch, features a seasonal design that’s attractive and has a handy zipper that works well without jamming, but I don’t believe it’s worth twenty-five dollars, personally. I’m not going to take today’s price into consideration when rating this pillow though because I didn’t pay that much for it. Based on what I paid for the pillow, I found it to be quite satisfactory and thus deserving of a “9″ rating. Additional cushioning would’ve made it deserving of a “10″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315121357950931/k2311a1215/12.15.10