Good Tidings Single-Tier Window Candle with Light Sensor (Model Number 0190003)  » Housewares  »
  • The Good Tidings Single-Tier Window Candle with Light Sensor cost me fourteen dollars and ninety-nine cents
  • Fortunately though, the candle has other redeeming qualities that I like quite a lot
  • I know I wouldn't have any reason to the touch the bulb while it's on, but I just like that the surface of the bulb stays cool to the touch
  • It's just something that I consider convenient
  • Still, I think an 8 rating is what this candle is deserving of

• by CirclingCanvas

The Good Tidings Single-Tier Window Candle with Light Sensor cost me fourteen dollars and ninety-nine cents. This is a purchase that I was relatively satisfied with, although there is one particular aspect of this window that I’m unhappy with. This is a small and basic Christmas decoration that can be placed in a variety of spots, like say on an end table, a fireplace mantle or in front of a window. It’s a simple holiday decoration to be sure, but I do like this window candle despite it having a plain, cheap-looking wax base that doesn’t exactly look convincingly real. From outside though, when it’s dark and the candle is turned on, its plastic appearance isn’t very obvious, so that’s why I primarily enjoy using this candle as a window decoration. When looked at from in the house though, the artificial wax does hurt the overall attractiveness of this candle. I would have liked this candle more if the artificial was base would have had some designs on it rather than a simple, solid white color.

For example, having what would appear to be partially melted wax dripping down the side of the candle would’ve been a nice design to attach to the candle base and would’ve helped this candle give off a great sense of realism. Fortunately though, the candle has other redeeming qualities that I like quite a lot.

I very much like the glow that this candle gives off when it’s turned on. The orange and yellow flicker that the light inside the stylish, flame-shaped bulb gives off looks natural rather than artificial, so it kind of does look like the candle is burning via a real flame. It’s a nice effect that looks very attractive from both outside and inside. What I also like is no matter how long I leave this candle on, the bulb never gets hot. I know I wouldn’t have any reason to the touch the bulb while it’s on, but I just like that the surface of the bulb stays cool to the touch. Another reason that I like to put this candle near ...

• a window is because that’s where the sensor works best. When the candle’s sensor detects a decrease in light, it will eventually turn itself on. When the outside world begins lighting up, the candle shuts itself off. The reason I like this function is because it’s one less thing I have to worry about remembering to turn on and off. Once the two C batteries are in, the candle’s all set to take care of itself. It’s just something that I consider convenient. Speaking of convenient, having this candle run on batteries as opposed to electricity is nice because around Christmas, all the power outlets are pretty much in use around the house, so it’s one less thing that I have to worry about plugging into an extension cord.

The Good Tidings Single-Tier Window Candle with Light Sensor is a nice Christmas decoration to have around the house despite the fake-looking wax candle. I like that the candle sits on like an old-fashioned artificial wooden tray with a ring on the side to be carried by, like

during the olden days. That was a nice touch and adds to the attractiveness of the candle. The realistic orange and yellow flickering also contributes positively to the attractiveness of the candle. Two batteries end up lasting close to two months when this candle is used for around ten hours a day, so it’s nice that this candle doesn’t go through the batteries quickly. I’m glad it runs on batteries because I have enough extension cords running through the house at this time of the year! It’s a relief not having to plug this candle in, too. I really like the candle sensor because it turns itself on and off without any help from me and the sensor is accurate, too. As the sun sets, the candle comes on, and if you want to leave it on all night, the candle turns itself off when the sun comes up. The candle is designed well and efficiently in an electronic sense, but it’s physical design could have been better. Still, I think an “8″ rating is what this candle is deserving of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315121357910931/k2311a1215/12.15.10