Hearty Lasagna Soup recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I know, I know, you're probably thinking There is no way I'm eating my lasagna is soup form
  • The only time I want ground beef like that is in chili and I like mine thick
  • I love cooking, but I don't love spending hours upon hours in the kitchen to do so

• by News2you

I know, I know, you’re probably thinking “There is no way I’m eating my lasagna is soup form!” Trust me when I say, once you have this, you will be begging for more. As a newlywed and someone who loves to cook, I’m always on the hunt for new recipes and ideas. Well, in my quest of something beyond baked chicken and spaghetti, I stumbled across the hearty lasagna soup recipe. At first, I was skeptical, I was like ewww, ground beef in soup form. Nah! The only time I want ground beef

like that is in chili and I like mine thick. However, after reading the rest of the ingredients and how simple it is, I was all for it. I love cooking, but I don’t love spending hours upon hours in the kitchen to do so. So I set out and gathered up all my ingredients with a few tweaks. Instead of using regular diced tomatoes, I used the oregano, olive oil, and basil flavored one and I also mozzarella cheese instead sometimes. Since I was trying out a new recipe, I presented it to my husband all fancy-like. I did the first course of a salad with a nice dressing, then on to the main course with crusty bread of course. My husband and I loved it! It was cheesy and had the taste of lasagna right in a nice little bowl! The beef broth added just the right amount of zing to it. Every since tasting it about two years ago, this has become one of my go-to dishes. I even made it for my mom to serve her friends and they loved it too!

• Hearty Lasagna Soup recipe
      In our house, we know it’s cold when I break out the hearty lasagna soup. Here is the recipe. As a note, make sure you get enough broth as it evaporates when simmering. Also, Swanson no longer makes the beef broth with onions, just throw a few in or use onion powder.

Ingredients

* 1 pound ground beef (You can also use ground turkey) * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder * 1 (14 ounce) can Swanson® Seasoned Beef Broth with Onion

* 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Get something with Italian flavors, i.e. basil, oregano) * 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning * 1 1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta * 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Cook beef with garlic in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.

2. Add broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Heat to a boil.

3. Stir in pasta. Cook over medium heat 10 min. or until pasta is done. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese if desired.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4915121357580931/k2311a1215/12.15.10