Oppo Medical Right or Left Hip Elastic Stabilizer (Unisex)  » Health  »
  • I found myself tossing and turning from side to side at night to get comfortable, and driving in my car was agony
  • I believe my hip healed much faster because of wearing it
  • I definitely feel that if I had not worn the article, I would have had to stop much sooner than I did

• by reviewabit

When I had a case of muscle strain on top of trochanteric bursitis in my left hip, I needed all the help I could get to keep my on my feet. It was very painful to walk, sit, or lie down. I found myself tossing and turning from side to side at night to get comfortable, and driving in my car was agony. It took a long time to get over that incident, but I had a few things that really helped– physical therapy, although it was torturous– and this Oppo hip stabilizer.

This product is a firm fitting elastic brace that goes around your thigh, hip and pelvis to help reduce the amount of weight on the area. In my experience, it works. I wore it almost daily for several months while my hip rested and got

better.

I am not sure how exactly it works, but somehow it reduced the pressure of walking, and it was much easier to keep mobile because there was less pain. I wore it on the days that I did not have physical therapy, per my doctor’s instruction. I was more than happy to put it back on the next day.

I believe my hip healed much faster because of wearing it. There were only a couple of things I did not like. The size was right for me, but the part of the brace that went between the legs at the top of the thigh (looks like chaps) had an edge on it that was uncomfortable and sometimes rubbed me a bit.

I had to wear something under the brace, otherwise my upper thigh would get too sore, and ...

• also got a bit sweaty from the thick material that the stabilizer was made from. It was a tiny bit tight around the thigh, although the rest of the article fit fine. The velcro closure on the side worked fairly well, but it did sometimes come undone if I sat down.

The color was natural, and it fit pretty discreetly if you wanted to wear it under something, but I normally just wore it on the outside of my clothes around the house. A real test of the stabilizer was taking it to an outdoor festival which involved a whole lot of walking. It was suggested that I not even go, given my injuries, but it was important to me and I did not want to miss it just because of a sore hip.

I have fibromyalgia, a

little bursitis is nothing. I managed pretty well at the festival, and the stabilizer worked. I was not in any bad pain, although I had to stop and rest more than my counterparts, but this was mostly a preventative measure, as I did not want to get too tired and not be able to continue.

I definitely feel that if I had not worn the article, I would have had to stop much sooner than I did. I wore this brace on the suggestion of a physical therapist. I do not think it is intended to be used by someone who has not seen a doctor or had a definite diagnosis, but if you do fit that criteria I can tell you that the Oppo one is a good brand and served me very well during my recovery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415121357500931/k2311a1215/12.15.10