Sony Video Recorder Hi8 Steady Shot CCD-TRV 438E-PAL
1.0
  • However, my biggest problem was about six months after I had bought the video recorder, I tried to put in a tape, and it was rejected by the machine, saying there was an error, and I had to remove it, then put it back again
  • I would not recommend this video recorder to anyone

• by Susanna
      This video Recorder is just about perhaps the worst I have gotten. It wasn’t too expensive, perhaps about $500 when it was on discount, and the moment I had used it, there are really a few problems with this devide. The effects they have are nightshot plus (at night, you could turn on a light which changes the colour), many effects such as pixeled image, black and white and more.

However, these are effects that you could add even on a video editing program if you wanted to. There is a 20 x optical zoom, which is extremely useful if you want close-ups of something distant.

There is another 560 x digital zoom, this was not very clear however, as the images zoomed up looked distorted. Another thing

is Steadyshot image, this was �suppose� to keep the image steady, however one of my biggest problems with this video recorder was the image quality The quality- it was not extremely good under certain light.

There are grains on the screen when you filmed indoors. That was nothing however, compared to the fact that sometimes, when I filmed for a while and played back on TV, the screen looked like it had parkinson�s diseas and would not stop shakig.

It was not known at all what caused it, and when it happened, you felt a headache whenever you tried to watch, as the images move up and down, skips and never stays still. A few times, I had to erase the scene because it was just impossible to ...

• watch.

This camera uses tapes, this isn’t too bad at first, you just bought tapes and then record it back either on DVD or a video tape. However, my biggest problem was about six months after I had bought the video recorder, I tried to put in a tape, and it was rejected by the machine, saying there was an error, and I had to remove it, then put it back again.

I did what I was told, and it did not work. This went on for another few weeks, until one day we decided to take it to the shops to get it fixed, and it just miraculously started to work again.

The shop assistant people did not even pick up anything wrong. Strangely, when I got

it back, it started to work again, which I was grateful for.

I continued using it for a little while, until it started not working again, this time permantely. It displayed the same message, that the tape was bad, even though I have tried it with a few other tapes and it still did not work.

I do not believe the tape is the problem, but the video recorder, and now the problem is, is it even worth it to get it fixed? Probably not!

I would not recommend this video recorder to anyone. There are much better ones out there, perhaps those using hardrives would work out better.

This has really been one problem after another, and it would really be a waste of time to get, then realise it did not work that well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16903135750331/k2311a039/3.9.07