MedMobile Digital Aerobic Mobile Pedal Exerciser for Legs & Arms  » Health  »
  • One thing I love about using this is that unlike the vast majority of other exercises I have tried, this in no way hurts my lower back
  • The only problem I have noticed with this is that the display is sometimes a bit questionable in the results it gives
  • There have been a few times when my mom complained that the straps were not staying on her feet properly, but I have not personally had this problem
  • Over all I think it is a great machine and perfect for those who need a limited workout, and also those who need something that does not take up a lot of space

• by reviewabit

When my mother broke her leg last year, she had a very long road back to health. Part of that was physical therapy daily for several months in the hospital, and then continuing at home. One of the devices she used was this digital pedal exerciser which was recommended by her home physical therapist who visited every week.

This cute little unit ended up being used more by me than her, especially in the cold weather when I did not feel like walking. You can use it on your legs or arms, and I do both.

You put your feet onto the pedals and it acts much like a stationary bike does, giving you a pretty decent workout on your legs, all while not taking up all the room that a bike would, and being

completely portable, so you can use it in any room you want. When the legs are done, switch it to a table top and work out the arms the same way.

The LCD display shows you the time, how many counts you have done, and even how many calories you have burned. I loved being able to watch TV to distract myself, then look down to see I had burned a ton of calories without even thinking about it.

It’s an easy machine for people like myself, who have fibromyalgia and can’t always do the heavy exercises that some people can. The fact that it was intended for my 77 year old mother just made it more perfect for me!

I have found that while the leg pedaling doesn’t seem to bother me,

• the arm exercising on it tends to make my shoulders ache.

I don’t really know why that is, but I have to be careful since aching for me can turn into serious pain and inability to move pretty fast!

One thing I love about using this is that unlike the vast majority of other exercises I have tried, this in no way hurts my lower back. I am completely comfortable and relaxed doing the pedaling.

I have not tried increasing the resistance yet, but you are able to do that by adjusting a knob on the display. My mom and I are both chickens, we keep it at the least resistance.

The only problem I have noticed with this is that the display is sometimes a bit questionable in the results it gives.

It seems that if you have a lull in the speed at which you are pedaling, it throws the machine off, and you get a weird reading.

I don’t mind that so much, but I want the calorie reading to be accurate, and I am not sure if this glitch affects it or not. There have been a few times when my mom complained that the straps were not staying on her feet properly, but I have not personally had this problem.

Over all I think it is a great machine and perfect for those who need a limited workout, and also those who need something that does not take up a lot of space. We just put ours in the hall closet when not using it, and there is no clunky exercise equipment killing the room decor.

Love it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415121357400831/k2311a1215/12.15.10