American Fare Latex Free Adhesive Bandages Flexible Fabric Standard 30 ct
  • The last time I purchased bandages, I bought them at a Kmart store, and decided to try their own brand, American Fare
  • A few minutes later, I noticed the area under the cot was dark, and I suspected the thumb had started bleeding again
  • It was very inexpensive, did a great job, and I will definitely be buying this product again for my kitchen
  • I highly recommend using this brand and especially the flexible fabric bandage
  • They are just superior to plastic in so many ways, and they don’t really cost much more

• by reviewabit

The last time I purchased bandages, I bought them at a Kmart store, and decided to try their own brand, American Fare. The bandages I needed were mostly just for the kitchen, where I often dealt with small cuts on my fingers. I normally use a bandage, and then a finger cot over it, to keep out water and so that I can comfortably continue my work. My old box of thirty was Band Aid brand, and were just the standard plastic bandages, which I often found in the sink because the adhesive just didn’t hold up with moisture.

Although the American Fare box that I bought was not labeled as water proof, I had better experiences using fabric bandages versus the plastic, so I chose the latex free flexible

fabric bandage. I got the standard size, as it was the right size for the job about 90% of the time in my case. There were thirty in the box, which hopefully would last a very long time.

The box sat in my kitchen cabinet for a long time until I finally needed to use one I had foolishly cut my thumb on a deli knife which had a guide. (Watch out for those, they are lethal!) It took a pretty good slice into the pad of my thumb, and while it wasn’t hurting much, it was bleeding like crazy. I applied pressure to the cut for awhile and then bandaged it up.

The bandage did its job perfectly. The fabric was flexible and form fitted the thumb much better ...

• than the old plastic ones I had. I rolled a cot over the bandage and continued work.

A few minutes later, I noticed the area under the cot was dark, and I suspected the thumb had started bleeding again. I took off the cot and saw that my suspicions were right. It was actually hard to get the fabric bandage back off! The adhesive was on there good and tight, and even though it was wet with blood, it hung on well.

The old plastic ones would have slid right off under that kind of circumstance. When I finally got the old one off, I again applied pressure and wrapped another bandage around the poor thumb, cotted it, and went back to work again. This time

seemed to be ok and I was able to finish what I was doing before tending to my thumb again.

I noticed when I went to take the cot off that I had somehow cut a small hole into the end of it and water had seeped inside. Even through that, the blood, and the many times I had dunked my hands in water that day, the American Fare bandage still held on tight. I give this little bandage an A+.

It was very inexpensive, did a great job, and I will definitely be buying this product again for my kitchen! I highly recommend using this brand and especially the flexible fabric bandage. They are just superior to plastic in so many ways, and they don’t really cost much more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415121357330831/k2311a1215/12.15.10