Walgreens Ultra Thin Overnight Pad with Wings 14 ct  » Health  »
  • I didn’t see another name brand product that was similar so I decided to try Walgreen’s own brand of the same product, packaged to look similar to the Always overnight
  • I like the overnight type of pads because of their length and coverage
  • Even when wearing them during the day, I experience fewer leaks or problems when I wear these pads versus other brands, and the wings are definitely a huge plus, as they stop the majority of “accidents” when using feminine pads
  • The wings were similar, although I think Always uses a bit more adhesive coverage
  • I found that I needed to change them about as often as I did the Always overnight

• by reviewabit

I was shopping for feminine products one day at Walgreen’s and they were out of my usual product at the time, which was Always overnight with wings. I didn’t see another name brand product that was similar so I decided to try Walgreen’s own brand of the same product, packaged to look similar to the Always overnight. I like the overnight type of pads because of their length and coverage.

Even when wearing them during the day, I experience fewer leaks or problems when I wear these pads versus other brands, and the wings are definitely a huge plus, as they stop the majority of “accidents” when using feminine pads. I did not use my Walgreen’s purchase right away, as it was a “stock-up” buy and I didn’t need them yet.

Later that month when I tried the product out, I was very pleased to find that it was extremely similar to my usual Always pads. They had the same shape, and like the Always brand, they were longer than the average pad.

The wings were similar, although I think Always uses a bit more adhesive coverage. They even had the soft covering that Always does.

The fabric was slightly different, but still soft and it did keep the moisture down inside the pad as it was supposed to. I used the pad for all five days of my period, even the lighter ones, as I did not have another type of pad at home.

I found that I needed to change them about as often as I did ...

• the Always overnight. The only small complaint I had about them was that the adhesive was not quite as strong.

During the night, the edge of the pad rolled up onto itself, and this caused a little accidental leakage which stained the sheet and my underwear. It certainly wasn’t anything that hadn’t happened before, even with the name brand pads, but I was slightly annoyed that it would not have happened if the adhesive was as strong as the one on the Always product.

As far as absorbency, I would say they two were very close, with Always having a slight edge. The Walgreen’s brand tended to bunch up just a little in the center, while Always stays flatter.

It seems like the “bunching” only happened when the pad

was very saturated, so this could probably be avoided by changing it more often. I think the outer cover of the Always is probably a little stronger, as I notices a few tears in the Walgreen’s brand when I went to pull them off.

I was able to wear the Walgreen’s brand for the same amount of time before changing, which told me that the absorbency was about the same. It had similar wrapping on the unopened pad, and the packaging was the same soft-pack plastic.

Based on my experience with this product, I would probably buy Walgreen’s brand feminine products in the future. The quality seemed to be very good and the price, although not as low as Walmart’s Equate, was more affordable than name brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415121357320831/k2311a1215/12.15.10