Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner 33.8 oz  » Health  »
2.5
  • The Humectress I bought then came in a tube, and was the greatest thing ever for adding moisture back into the hair
  • The scent is much stronger, which is not really a problem for me, but it’s not one of the bestter scents I have ever experienced in a hair product
  • I thought maybe it was just my imagination, but when I mentioned it to my hairdresser she said that many people have complained about the “new” formula, which is apparently a fairly recent change
  • I was really disappointed, as I have always trusted Nexxus products before
  • I would recommend the old version much quicker

• by reviewabit

I used Nexxus Humectress back in the late 80s, and more recently decided to try it again. Back then, I had a frizzy perm, and my hair was moisture starved to the point it was unmanageable. The Humectress I bought then came in a tube, and was the greatest thing ever for adding moisture back into the hair. Many hairstyles and textures later, I now have frizzy hair from heat and chemical damage, and wanted to see if I could get that same really softening effect that Humectress gave me before.

I bought the conditioner at Ulta, and used it soon after. I was very surprised that the formula is now completely different than what I remember. The scent is much stronger, which is not really a problem for me, but it’s not one

of the bestter scents I have ever experienced in a hair product.

It’s tolerable, but I liked the old one better. The way it conditions is different too. It is much like other conditioners on the market now, when before it had a totally different feel to it.

I thought maybe it was just my imagination, but when I mentioned it to my hairdresser she said that many people have complained about the “new” formula, which is apparently a fairly recent change. I was really disappointed, as I have always trusted Nexxus products before. The new Humectress is not bad, and if I had never tried the old, I would still say it was a decent conditioner– but the old formula, that was something special and the new one just doesn’t live up to ...

• it! My hair did fairly well with the new, it was soft, but nothing like what the old formula did.

There was more of a slicker look and feel to the new product. I assume that’s to accommodate today’s sleek flat styles, which is fine, except that’s not what I bought it for. I looked online to see if anyone had the older version of if there were other people unhappy about the change.

A lot of people are. There were a few places that offered the conditioner in the old original style bottle (I have learned that the black cap is new, grey/silver one is old) but I was unsure if maybe the picture had just not been updated and what was to be sent was really the new formula. That happened to me

with a couple of other products, so I didn’t risk it.

If I should happen to stumble across the old Humectress, I will buy some. I would have preferred it if they had just renamed the product something new, and let Humectress be a rare or hard to find item in the line– at least we would know what we were getting was the product we remember. It’s always a shame when a good product falls prey to marketing and profit demands and becomes less than what it was.

I really miss the old Nexxus. I hope they will listen to their customers and bring it back. As for recommending the new one– I can’t fault it, it’s not a bad conditioner, it’s just not what I wanted.

I would recommend the old version much quicker.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415121357310831/k2311a1215/12.15.10