Prego Heart Smart Traditional Italian Tomato Sauce
  • As it was already nearing expiry date, I decided to cook a Sunday meal for my family using it
  • The bottle said that it has basil, garlic, onion, and other spices, and in itself, without any mix, is already delicious
  • Overall, the Prego Heart Smart Traditional Italian Tomato Sauce is a very, very good pre-made pasta sauce and I would recommend this to anyone

• by TheCity

I was clearing up the pantry the other day, and I saw the Prego Heart Smart Traditional Italian Tomato Sauce. As it was already nearing expiry date, I decided to cook a Sunday meal for my family using it. I don’t usually cook, but pasta seemed very easy to prepare especially with this pre-made sauce.

I boiled spaghetti, then proceeded to make my own little concoction using the sauce. I put

a bit of olive oil, garlic and onions, and then proceeded to pour the whole bottle of tomato sauce. The sauce is thick and smelled fragrant. The bottle said that it has basil, garlic, onion, and other spices, and in itself, without any mix, is already delicious. However, I still tried putting other stuff. I added more basil, green olives, and chili flakes to make it spicy as my ...

• family loved spicy food. I also added a little water to make it less thick and a little bit saucy.

After it was hot, I just poured it over the spaghetti and topped it with shaved parmesan. My family, even my dad who usually does not like Italian tomato sauce, loved it. It was very fresh and natural yet very tasty. The chili flakes and olives went well with it

too. The bottle also says that it has no cholesterol and is good for the heart. It’s good for a hearty and feel-good meal that is very easy to prepare. The whole bottle was more than enough for the four of us, there was a little left over.

Overall, the Prego Heart Smart Traditional Italian Tomato Sauce is a very, very good pre-made pasta sauce and I would recommend this to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715121357090831/k2311a1215/12.15.10