The Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park
Southern Utah
  • Both were amazing, and right when we thought we had seen everything beautiful that Southern Utah had to offer, we heard about the Coral Pink Sand Dunes
  • A couple we had met while we were traveling told us that it was a must see and that the park was right near Zion National Park so it was in a very convenient location
  • I think this park is great for people of all ages
  • I believe it was only $6 per vehicle, which was definitely worth the price
  • Anyone who is a fan of the outdoors should definitely make a stop by the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park

• by Jplane

I recently went on a trip to Southern Utah to check out the popular National Parks, Bryce and Zion. Both were amazing, and right when we thought we had seen everything beautiful that Southern Utah had to offer, we heard about the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. A couple we had met while we were traveling told us that it was a must see and that the park was right near Zion National Park so it was in a very convenient location. Of course, we took their advise and made the Coral Pink Sand Dunes our last stop.

The park was amazing.

There were 2000 acres of pink sand dunes and huge piles of sand to climb up and play in. I took the most stunning pictures at this park as well. We went right at sunset and had the opportunity to sit atop the highest sand mountain and watch the sunset. It was a little cold, as it was November and the sand was rather cold, but I hear it gets ridiculously hot there in the summertime. Regardless of the weather, fun was had by all. I think this park is great for people of all ages. Compared to ...

• Zion and Bryce, I think the kids would like the sand dunes the best because they can play in them.

We only say one other group of people in the park. They were leaving as we were coming, so we essentially had the place to ourselves. I saw the tracks of a four wheel vehicle, so off-roading must be allowed at the park. They even have the opportunity to camp out at the park and they provide hot showers. Although that sounded like fun, we had had our share of camping after spending time at Zion and Bryce so we passed up

that opportunity.

The only downside to the park was that it was a state park rather than a national park and we were not able to use our National Parks Pass for admission. Luckily the fee was very cheap. I believe it was only $6 per vehicle, which was definitely worth the price. There was no time limit, so we were able to stay as long as we wanted.

Anyone who is a fan of the outdoors should definitely make a stop by the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park. Those who are visiting Zion have no excuse, it is right there next to Zion!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3815121356840731/k2311a1215/12.15.10