Tracfone coverage  » Cellular services  »
  • Having been using tracfones, for myself, my business, and my family for the past five years, I've come to consider myself a bit of a tracfone specialist
  • Unfortunately the marketing of tracfone having the best nationwide coverage, veils to a large extent that this coverage is in fact made up of two entirely incompatible networks
  • I've only ever once had a problem when I ordered a phone off the tracfone website, and had the wrong phone delivered

• by Renditions

Having been using tracfones, for myself, my business, and my family for the past five years, I’ve come to consider myself a bit of a tracfone specialist. The product itself I cannot fault. Tracfone seems to be the only company recently, interested in providing a service to small time consumers. If you are a person that spends loads of time on the phone, then tracfone is not the wireless service for you.

If you’re concerned about saving money by cutting down on usage (as opposed to saving by buying bulk amounts), and you like to have your finger on the usage control button, then tracfone is the wireless

for you. The service, and the options aren’t without their pitfalls though. Tracfone has the said best coverage of all wireless service providers.

This is true as it makes use of all the major carrier’s networks, as well as some small ones. It is therefore that tracfone doesn’t need to maintain, or even build networks, that they can offer their minutes, and plans at very cheap prices. Unfortunately the marketing of tracfone having the best nationwide coverage, veils to a large extent that this coverage is in fact made up of two entirely incompatible networks; the CDMA, and GSM networks.

This important consideration sometimes escapes people when they ...

• choose a tracfone to start with. I was one of them. It’s vital that anyone choosing a tracfone, first ascertain what network dominates the area they want coverage in.

If they get this wrong then the tracfone won’t be very helpful. The tracfone website helps a little with this, by asking your zip code, before redirecting you to the handset options page. The second most vital consideration when looking at tracfones, is whether or not the phone already comes with double minutes for life (DMFL).

I previously mentioned that tracfone’s plans are very cheap, and they are, if you have a DMFL function on your phone. The largest

pitfall with tracfone must be their remote customer services department. I’ve only ever once had a problem when I ordered a phone off the tracfone website, and had the wrong phone delivered.

I sent it back, hoping that they would send me the right phone. They did, eventually, after feebly fighting a month for it to come my way. But having said that, it was a $20 phone, and I would’ve saved myself the effort, and frustration by just going to walmart and buying another.

It’s cheap enough. All in all, I’m very happy that tracfone still care for the moderate, budget minded people. They provide affordable cellulars, with plans that allow for minimal use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2215121356820731/k2311a1215/12.15.10