Fit & Active Chicken Noodle Homestyle Soup  » Food  »
  • I think there's even more carrots and celery in the Fit & Active brand of soup than the aforementioned name brands

• by CirclingCanvas

The Fit & Active Chicken Noodle Homestyle Soup comes in a nineteen ounce can for one dollar and nineteen cents. This is a canned soup that I’ve only been able to find at ALDI Food Market stores. In addition to the chicken noodle soup, ALDI Food Market stores also carry Fit & Active Vegetable Beef Homestyle Soup for the same price. Both soups are quite good and I feel I’m getting quality products at reasonable prices.

The Fit & Active Chicken Noodle Homestyle Soup is nice to have for lunch with some bread. In the soup comes noodles and chicken, of course, but also, carrots and celery.

Surprisingly, there’s a large amount of cut up carrots and celery in this soup. The carrots and celery don’t exactly have much flavor, but I’d rather have them then not have them in this soup. The chicken pieces vary in size and shape, but all the pieces are tender in texture. The noodles too come tender once the soup has been heated. With noodles, chicken, carrots and celery, this can soup is reasonably filling to have for lunch.

If you’re used to eating canned soups that aren’t low in sodium, you may find the flavor of this canned soup to be a bit lacking and drab. It’s ...

• one of the healthier canned soups a person can buy because the soup isn’t loaded with salt. If heavily salted soups are what your taste buds have grown accustomed to, then this soup may indeed not seem too appetizing. It took a little time for me to get used to the difference in sodium amount, but now that I have, I’m able to better appreciate the natural flavors in the soup that come from the chicken and vegetables as well as the broth.

The Fit & Active Chicken Noodle Homestyle Soup is an enjoyable soup. Almost twenty ounces come in one can and there’s a decent

amount of, well, everything. Noodles, chicken, celery and carrots all come loaded in a can. The reduced sodium does have an affect on the overall flavor of the soup, but I still was satisfied with how the contents of the soup tasted. Compared with the more expensive Campbell’s soups and Progresso soups, I’m satisfied with this soup. I think there’s even more carrots and celery in the Fit & Active brand of soup than the aforementioned name brands. I plan on continuing to enjoy this canned soup, especially during the chilly winter season. I feel a “9″ rating is what this canned soup is deserving of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714121356590931/k2311a1214/12.14.10