Motorola Droid Cell phone  » Phones  »
2.5
  • I didn’t want to go with the same type of droid that most people were going with so I bought the Motorola Droid
  • I know that it was a huge risk because I had never really researched the phone
  • I was able to use this phone as a on the spot hotpot which was the best feature that it offered
  • Unfortunately I had to get rid of this phone due to it’s whacky keyboard

• by sacback

My contract allowed me to upgrade my phone, So of course I fell into the desire to try out a droid. I wanted something different though. I didn’t want to go with the same type of droid that most people were going with so I bought the Motorola Droid. I know that it was a huge risk because I had never really researched the phone. All I knew was that it was a droid and that was the thing to have these days. Despite the fact that I sound as if I’m going to down talk this phone, I’m not. It was and is a decent phone. It wasn’t for me in the end but during the time that I used it, I liked it for the most part. It was more the functionality that I didn’t like about it. There were

many different compounds about this phone that I Really didn’t like but the main reason why I ended up turning it in was because I hated the keyboard. Everything about this keyboard was horrible. The keys were way too small for my fingers. The keys were hard to press and they were hard to type on. Texting wasn’t something that I was able to do on this qwerty board at all. I had gotten so used to the previous Samsung that I had that using this phone was a job in within itself.

Another thing that I didn’t like about this phone was that it would freeze on me a lot. Whenever I was surfing the web, I would have to deal with a lot of stalling and postponing of my surf time. This isn’t appealing to someone who uses their phone ...

• to do most of their surfing when they are away from home. When you say DROID, I expect for this to operate something like my home computer. Now don’t get me wrong, when it is working properly, it moves fast as heck. I just hate having to deal with the stalling whenever it happens. I also didn’t like the design on this phone, It was square looking and it looked like an older version of a sidekick. I have always hated the way the sidekick phones looked so I’m sure you understand how I felt about the way this phone looked.

The screen is pretty nice, it’s big enough to enjoy web pages and the pixel is decent as well. The screen is touch screen which is cool. That worked perfectly fine. It comes with a lot of different applications but

that is expected since it’s a droid and all. This phone is pretty heavy as well, I had to get used to that. I’m used to light weight phones and that is not one of the qualities when it comes to this phone. The camera on this phone is decent, I didn’t use it all that much but when I did I got some decent pictures. It came with a 5 mega pixel camera so I couldn’t complain, that is better than a lot of other camera phones. I was able to use this phone as a on the spot hotpot which was the best feature that it offered. Unfortunately I had to get rid of this phone due to it’s whacky keyboard. I have to feel comfortable when using my phone and when it came to this keyboard, I didn’t feel that way at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3714121355901231/k2311a1214/12.14.10