The Color Institute 16 piece Baked and Brilliant Makeup Set  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this Color Institute 16 piece Baked and Brilliant Makeup Set because I absolutely love the eye shadow shades that this set comes with
  • I love the green, pastel blue, light brown, dark brown, pastel pink and purple
  • I like lighter shade blushes so I don't really wear these, just the eye shadows
  • I would definitely recommend this set to anyone, this is one of the best eye shadow makeup kits that I've tried
  • This is definitely a great makeup set to try and I'm sure anyone who tries this set would love it

• by JCandyce

I bought this Color Institute 16 piece Baked and Brilliant Makeup Set because I absolutely love the eye shadow shades that this set comes with. This set comes with 16 eye shadows, 2 blushes and 2 brushes with sponge applicators and a blush brush. Another thing that I really liked about this kit was the large mirror that this kit has, the mirror is the same size as the top itself and it’s pretty big so you have a decent amount of mirror to look in it for using it to apply your makeup.

Because of how cheap this set is, I didn’t think they would last that long on their own and that I would need to apply an eye shadow primer for sure but to just see,

I applied these eye shadows first without an eye shadow primer just to see how long they would last on their own and was quite surprised when they lasted all day and still looked as good when I was about to wash them off before bed as when I had applied them earlier in the morning that day. So no eye shadow primer was necessary at all.

This set comes with 16 eye shadows, shades that vary from lights, mediums, darks, and pastels. I love the green, pastel blue, light brown, dark brown, pastel pink and purple. Those are my favorite. Of course though I love all the shades, all the shades are easy to apply, whether you use your finger or an eye shadow brush, they always comes ...

• out great. There’s very little fallout from these shadows so you don’t have anything to wipe and possible ruin your makeup.

There’s no creasing at all throughout the day and when these shadows do start to fade at the end of the day, it’s not very much and it fades evenly so no sloptchy areas so the eye shadow still look pretty.

I don’t really like the 2 blushes that this kit comes with, they’re a little too dark for my liking and too bright for my fair medium skin tone. I like lighter shade blushes so I don’t really wear these, just the eye shadows. I do wish they at least came with one light shade blush instead of both being similar to each other.

The brushes

that this set comes with aren’t that great but I don’t use them anyway since I use my fingers to apply the eye shadows and I don’t use the blushes in this kit so I use my own blush brush and another blush so it doesn’t really matter to me that these brushes aren’t that great.

I would definitely recommend this set to anyone, this is one of the best eye shadow makeup kits that I’ve tried. The shade selection is great, they eye shadows last a long time considering how cheap it was and I didn’t think they would last that long. This is definitely a great makeup set to try and I’m sure anyone who tries this set would love it. I’m giving this kit a 9.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113121355561131/k2311a1213/12.13.10