LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo
  • In my opinion, the festive lights and engaging music make this product idea for any baby
  • There are only a few things that I dislike about this product
  • While I do not believe that this toy was completely worth the amount of money that I paid for it, I still believe that it is a decent quality toy that I would recommend for others to purchase

• by Simply_Fabulous

One of the reasons why I primarily choose to purchase my baby nephew toys from the LeapFrog company is because of the high quality that most of their toys have. Even though my nephew already has several toys that help to introduce him to the alphabet, I still decided to pay almost $25 for this item. The main thing that attracted me to it was the fact that it also helps to teach him the names of various animals. Not only is my nephew able to hear the names of animals, but the toy also enables him to listen and dance to various songs.

In my opinion, the festive lights and engaging music make this product idea for any baby. My nephew was very eager to play

with this toy when I took it out of the bag from Wal-Mart. I will admit that my nephew and I have gotten a lot of use out of this product. Not only do we play with it in the traditional sense, but I also use the various animals included on the wheel to jump start introductory lesson plans detailing more in depth information such as the eating habits of the animals and the climates where they live. Although my nephew has a few more years before he enters preschool, I still love the fact that this toy enables me to expose him to new information. I also find that it makes a perfect distraction for my nephew when I am trying to finish preparing his food.

There are ...

• only a few things that I dislike about this product. The main one is that I find that it can be slightly repetitive for my nephew to play with on those days that he plays with his other LeapFrog alphabet toys. I will give the LeapFrog company some credit because they did attempt to give it some type of product variation despite the fact that it costs twice as much ($25) than toys from the same company with the same features. Moreover, even though this toy is recommended for children aged six months to three years old, I find that it might not be captivating enough to keep the attention of older toddlers. I also dislike the fact that sometimes this product is hard to clean sometimes.

Overall, I

do think that this is an excellent toy for young children that will help to enhance their motor skills. I would rate it a 10 out of 10 because it immediately became one of my nephew’s favorite toys to play with. I just wish that there was more of a variation to this toy beyond spending the wheel to hear the names of the animals and the animal sounds. I do love the fact that at least the music is not as annoying as it is in some of my nephew’s other toys. While I do not believe that this toy was completely worth the amount of money that I paid for it, I still believe that it is a decent quality toy that I would recommend for others to purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5413121355341131/k2311a1213/12.13.10