LeapFrog Learning Drum
  • Even to this day, I can not fathom how the nearly $20 that I paid for this product would bring my nephew so much delight
  • I love the fact that the fairly simplistic design of this product makes it perfect for use by very young children
  • My nephew is definitely one of those little boys who constantly has a ton of energy, making his operation of this drum a great way of calming him down at bedtime
  • In my opinion, the benefits of this product extend beyond improving a child's motor skills
  • I think that it would make an excellent birthday or Christmas gift for babies although I do think that older children would become bored quickly with the repetitive of the toy

• by Simply_Fabulous

When I purchased this toy for my baby nephew when he was around four months old, I did not realize how much he would love it. Even to this day, I can not fathom how the nearly $20 that I paid for this product would bring my nephew so much delight. This electronic drum employs the natural curiosity of a young child in order to introduce them to the full alphabet as well as counting numbers one through ten and basic musical notes. I love the fact that the fairly simplistic design of this product makes it perfect for use by very young children. All my nephew has to do is beat the fairly ample sized top of the hand drum in order to produce the corresponding sound.

Sometimes I have a difficult time deciding what toys to purchase for my nephew since there are a wide variety of educational products available on the market. The two main things that I look for when selecting a toy for him is attractiveness (it has to be something that can attract and retain his attention) and ease of use (suitable for young children in the earliest developmental stages). Not only is this drum is extremely bright and festive, but its color palette of red, white, yellow, green, and blue are appropriate for both genders. There is an easy to move sliding control panel that allows either the parent or child to choose between the alphabet, the basic counting numbers, the beat of a drum, and a musical scale.

• The great thing about this drum is that the touch pad is sensitive so children do not have to exert a lot of effort in order to change the alphabet letters. The dialog corresponding to the name of each letter is loud and crisp which also helps to introduce young children to the proper way of pronouncing each letter. My nephew is definitely one of those little boys who constantly has a ton of energy, making his operation of this drum a great way of calming him down at bedtime.

In my opinion, the benefits of this product extend beyond improving a child’s motor skills. This toy is quite durable and more importantly and item that a baby will be able to use throughout the early stages of his

toddler years. Moreover, this device also has an automatic shut off feature that helps to conserve the lives of the batteries it operates on. I truly believe that this product has been a great investment and I have no regrets at all about purchasing it for my nephew.

Based on my experience using this drum, I would rate it a 10 out of 10. There is nothing that I would change about it. I think that it would make an excellent birthday or Christmas gift for babies although I do think that older children would become bored quickly with the repetitive of the toy. I will admit that I still enjoy assisting my nephew in playing with the toy since the music accompanying the beats of the drum is so infectious.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5413121355331131/k2311a1213/12.13.10