Comcast Cable
2.0
  • Once I decided on the package, I quickly had a technician come out and set everything up for me and I was good to go
  • I contacted Comcast, they sent a tech out, and the problem was supposed to have been solved

• by Shannon

I have been a customer of Comcast Cable off and on for roughly the last 7 years or so, dependent upon what deals they are currently offering. In the past, I have had no real complaints with the service other than the fact that their rates tended to be higher than other companies at times. During my most recent stint with Comcast, it has proven to be a nightmare company, and really is not worth the money.

I subscribed to the internet, phone, and cable deal that they were offering because I was fairly pleased with the price of the package for what they were offering. Once I decided on the package, I quickly

had a technician come out and set everything up for me and I was good to go.

About a month or so after initial installation, a few friends and family members of mines began telling me that “strange” things would happen when they called me. Some would get a message saying my service was not connected (which was not the case) or the phone would not ring at all. I contacted Comcast, they sent a tech out, and the problem was supposed to have been solved. But, it wasn’t.

The problems with my phone continued, and then I began having problems with my internet connection as well. My internet would lose all signals for a few ...

• minutes up to a half an hour and then come back on as if nothing ever happened. This resulted in two more tech visits.

By this time, I was quite fed up, but, due to the incentives I was being offered for faulty service, I stuck with them. My intermittent service continued, and it became a thing that I was getting used to, so it got to the point where I dreaded calling Comcast at all to rectify the problem.

On my last attempt to get my services fixed, I called from my house phone and wouldn’t you know it, the call was dropped, representative I was on the phone with was able to

see that I was not “making this up”. A few minutes later, I received a phone call from Comcast on my cell phone because they were not able to get through to me on my house phone. They arranged for a manager/lead technician to come out the following day. Although he could see no obvious problems to why my internet and telephone services would cut off while my cable stayed on, he changed every box and wire he could in the house just in case there was a short somewhere.

By doing this, the problem was fixed; however, it left a bad taste in my mouth from having to deal with several months of iffy service.

Comcast Cable

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1013121355161031/k2311a1213/12.13.10