Mainstays crafts all purpose 2-pack 8″ bent scissors
  • Normally a pair of scissors such as Mainstays would cost at least eight to ten dollars or more at Joann's Fabrics
  • When I looked at the fabric that I had cut, I noticed that the scissors gave me a clean cut
  • I like the fact that the cut was so clean because not only did it give me a professional look, but it made both hand and machine sewing a breeze
  • Despite not being a top brand of fabric scissors, they cut as if they are and one of the best feature of the scissors is that the tip is not sharp but is round which is a great safety if you accidentally drop the scissors on your foot
  • This brand of fabric scissors are the best for both price and quality, and I recommend all sewers who are on a budget to run out a purchase them

• by C.Channing

When I first got into sewing and fashion design, I didn’t realize how expensive all the necessary equipment and notions would be. Because Joann’s Fabrics was rather expensive, I ended up going to Wal-Mart where I heard they had a sewing area with great deals. One of the great deals I stumbled upon was the two dollar Mainstays crafts all purpose 2-pack 8″ bent scissors. Normally a pair of scissors such as Mainstays would cost at least eight to ten dollars or more at Joann’s Fabrics; therefore, I was glad I decided to shop at Wal-Mart for my small purchases.

The Mainstays crafts all purpose 2-pack 8″ bent scissors was a great deal for me because there were two in the pack. The

scissors had a bend at the handle which is how a majority if not all of the good fabric cutting scissors are designed. The handle is blue with a firm grip/covering over the stainless steel part of the blades. I liked the fact that the stainless steel of the scissors were not shiny because I didn’t want to always have to clean them to keep that shiny appearance.

Although the blades don’t look sharp because they have more of a frosted appearance, I saw how sharp they were when I began cutting fabrics for outfits that I would make. The bend in the scissors makes it comfortable to hold the scissors which gave me a precise, straight cut along the fabric. When I ...

• looked at the fabric that I had cut, I noticed that the scissors gave me a clean cut: the edges were not frayed and all I was left with was a clean and professional cut. I like the fact that the cut was so clean because not only did it give me a professional look, but it made both hand and machine sewing a breeze.

Overall, the Mainstays crafts all purpose 2-pack 8″ bent scissors was a great purchase for me because not only did I get them for two dollars, but they cut like some of the top brand fabric scissors. The scissors were in a great price point of two dollars which makes them easier to stock up on, and affordable

for sewers who are on a budget. Instead of paying for one pair of scissors, the package comes with two which is also a great deal considering most fabric scissors comes with one per pack or you’re paying twice as much for an extra pair. Despite not being a top brand of fabric scissors, they cut as if they are and one of the best feature of the scissors is that the tip is not sharp but is round which is a great safety if you accidentally drop the scissors on your foot. This brand of fabric scissors are the best for both price and quality, and I recommend all sewers who are on a budget to run out a purchase them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1213121355051031/k2311a1213/12.13.10