Pampas Puff Pastry (1-kg pack)  » Food  »
3.7
  • I have never tried this brand before but since there was no other brands being sold, I decided to give it a try
  • However once it’s been thawed I found out that it gets very pliable so I had to work very quickly
  • It’s definitely worth the price for only 6 sheets
  • I would definitely recommend Pampas puff pastry to people who love puff pastries but don’t have time to make it from scratch

• by AccountingChef

Puff pastry is a light, flaky pastry made from dough that has been folded and rolled out several times with layers of butter/solid fat in between. This can be used to make croissants, Danish, turnovers, pies, tarts, etc. This is quite a versatile product that you can use for your baking and cooking needs.

For people like me who enjoy our pastries and Danish but can’t find the time to make it from scratch, frozen puff pastries makes all the difference

in the world. Here in the Philippines, there are only a few delis that sell puff pastry. I was able to buy 1 kg (6 sheets) of Pampas Puff Pastry for Php370. A sheet of puff pastry this size (a bit bigger than the size of a short bond paper), you can make about 9 pieces of reasonably-sized danish. Pampas is an Australian product that boasts of being made from local and imported ingredients.

I have never tried this brand before but since there was no other brands being sold, I decided to give it a try. There are instructions given at the back of the packaging on how to defrost in the refrigerator and at room temperature; how to separate each sheet and even some recipes for rolls and turnovers.

Surprisingly, it was very easy and quick to separate each sheet since there’s a thin plastic sheet between each puff pastry sheet. You didn’t even need a long, sharp ...

• Pampas Puff Pastry (1-kg pack)
      knife because you can use your fingers to gently separate each sheets. In the refrigerator, it took about 15 minutes to thaw them out and at room temperature, it took about 5 minutes. However once it’s been thawed I found out that it gets very pliable so I had to work very quickly. The pastry also gets sticky when it softens, so working on a floured work surface helps a lot.

It took about 15-18 minutes at 375F to bake

them to a beautiful golden color. The texture is crisp and flaky. Best of all, it’s not greasy and you don’t get the overpowering taste or smell of butter or shortening that some puff pastry has. I loved how the flaky pastry melts in my mouth. It’s definitely worth the price for only 6 sheets. I would definitely recommend Pampas puff pastry to people who love puff pastries but don’t have time to make it from scratch.

-35
Charlynn says :

may i know the store where u bought d puff pastry worth 370? Santis sells it for 460. Thank you.

-36
quick note by anonymous :

From which Deli were you able to buy the puff pastry? Thanks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713121355031031/k2311a1213/12.13.10