The Westin Hotel Providence  » Hotels  »
One West Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
  • The Westin Hotel Providence provided a great experience for me
  • In addition there was a pool and fitness center which was really nice and convenient
  • I was slightly disappointed that there were no amenities that came with the room
  • In fact, I ate breakfast from the hotel restaurant and it was pretty good, but not for what I paid for it

• by Jplane

I choose to stay in the Westin Hotel Providence because of it’s perfect location. The hotel is practically attached to the Providence Place Mall. This is a three story mall with just about any store you can imagine, a food court, a movie theater, gaming room, and much more. In addition, it is right near across the street from the train station, state capital, downtown entertainment, and an ice skating rink. Pretty much walking distance to anything going on in the

downtown providence area. I stayed there in the winter months but I was also told about the popular event of water fire that happens in the summer time right next to the Hotel. The Hotel was also conveniently located right off the exit of the highway and it was really easy to find.

The Westin Hotel Providence provided a great experience for me. The rooms were very clean, the front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly, and the room service ...

• staff was very attentive. Overall I was pleased with the customer service that was provided by the hotel. However, I did not ask for much. I already knew what I wanted to see and do so I didn’t need to approach the front desk with anything besides check-in.

In addition, the main lobby was beautiful as well as the ballrooms, which I had the privilege to enjoy. This is great Hotel to throw a wedding reception, baby shower, or other type

of convention. In addition there was a pool and fitness center which was really nice and convenient. I was slightly disappointed that there were no amenities that came with the room. There was no free wifi and free breakfast in the morning. In fact, I ate breakfast from the hotel restaurant and it was pretty good, but not for what I paid for it. The hotel room itself also costed an arm and a leg. I paid over $200 per night!

lovingsinclaire says :

Hi JPlane, I like providence. I haven t been there in about 5 years. I stayed at the westin hotel as well and I must say, it was a very pleasant stay there. In what month of the winter were you there? I m not sure of what a popular of water fire, I never heard of that until now from reading your article. That was the problem I had about the wifi but the breakfast wasn t a real concern for me, I whet to a very nice restaurant to eat in walking distance because the weather was so nice in the middle of august. Can you tell me why you had to pay so much for the hotel room? Seem like the rooms would have been a lot cheaper in the winter months. Did you go online to price line are services seminary. Well I m glad you had a nice time instead of the wifi and no breakfast serve in the hotel. Do you plan on going back there but maybe in the summer?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 213121354550931/k2311a1213/12.13.10