Trader Joe’s Chicken Chili with Beans  » Food  »
  • I thought it was appropriately hot and spicy
  • I would say it’s probably moderate in spice, which I like—neither too mild nor too hot
  • It was very filling and hearty, which in my opinion is exactly the way that chili should be
  • While I think it would be hard to differentiate it from any other canned meat chili that is sold on supermarket shelves, it’s a worthy purchase for anyone who wants a quick and filling meal

• by sarahanne

This item is a somewhat unique take on chili, substituting chicken for the ground beef. I have always liked chicken chili, so when I saw it in the store I picked it up.

I was expecting this chili to be a little different than it was.

I was thinking the chicken was going to be in chunks or small pieces, and instead it was ground up just like any other meat

chili would offer.

In many ways, this chili tasted very similar to just about any other kind of beef chili on the market.

I thought it was appropriately hot and spicy.

I would say it’s probably moderate in spice, which I like—neither too mild nor too hot.

I also liked that it had a lot of meat and beans in it.

It was very filling and hearty, which in my opinion ...

• is exactly the way that chili should be.

I would have to say that overall I really liked this chili and I would buy it again.

While I think it would be hard to differentiate it from any other canned meat chili that is sold on supermarket shelves, it’s a worthy purchase for anyone who wants a quick and filling meal.

I guess the difference is that the calories and saturated

fat content included in this chili would be less than those included in beef chili, which could be a plus for anyone watching their waistlines.

I like that all you need to do to prepare the chili is simply heat it and enjoy it, so when you’re hungry, you don’t have to wait long before it’s ready!

This is a pretty good chili, especially for the money.

Any chili fan should really enjoy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713121354520931/k2311a1213/12.13.10