Trader Joe’s Organic Hummus
1.5
  • The creamier, the better, in my opinion for hummus
  • I think the creamier it is, the more authentic and delicious it is
  • In fact, I like my hummus to taste like the kind I get in my favorite Lebanese restaurant
  • When I tried Trader Joe’s Organic Hummus, I was disappointed in it because it had the consistency of paste
  • Trader Joe’s Organic Hummus doesn’t have that problem, thankfully

• by sarahanne

I love hummus. I might even be something of a hummus connoisseur, I’ve eaten so much and so many different kinds. When I saw that my local Trader Joe’s had their own hummus, I just had to try some.

I really like creamy hummus. The creamier, the better, in my opinion for hummus.

I think the creamier it is, the more authentic and delicious it is. In fact, I like my hummus to

taste like the kind I get in my favorite Lebanese restaurant.

When I tried Trader Joe’s Organic Hummus, I was disappointed in it because it had the consistency of paste. It’s certainly possible to use it to scoop up bread and vegetables, like you’re supposed to with hummus, but the texture was just not what I was looking for.

On the plus side, the taste of this hummus was pretty good. There was ...

• a nice interplay between the sesame, lemon, and garlic flavors that hummus so brilliantly flaunts.

Too often store-bought hummus has excess lemon flavor that just ruins the taste in my opinion. Trader Joe’s Organic Hummus doesn’t have that problem, thankfully.

I just wish it hadn’t been so pasty; then I would have been able to enjoy it more. I must say that I do like that this product is organic; just about every

ingredient, down to the canola oil, is organic.

That’s a plus for me because I like to eat organic food whenever possible. If eating organic is really important to you, that might override any taste concerns with this product.

But on the whole, I would say this hummus is not something I will buy again because of its texture, organic or not. There are better brands of this type of product on the market.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713121354460931/k2311a1213/12.13.10