Twilight Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • It is one of my favorite CDs in my own collection

• by Victoria Durm

The soundtrack for the movie Twilight fits the story perfectly. It is one of my favorite CDs in my own collection. I am very picky about my music. Prior to listening to this soundtrack, I only knew of two bands that were listed.

The first time I heard the CD, I knew that I was going to end up falling in love with it. My prediction was right. I am in love with the soundtrack. It showcased some very talented rock bands, and brought others to light.

Muse’s song, “Supermassive Black Hole” was played at just the right time during

the movie. This made it my favorite song from that point on. Muse has gone on to become the number one band I go to for inspiration.

Paramore proved that they are not just some band to sound like Evanesance. They had not one, but two songs on the soundtrack. Their song, “Decode”, was the lead single for the soundtrack. The lyrics for this song fit the mystery of the Cullen family from Bella’s point of view.

Their second contribution, “I Caught Myself” served as a background song in the movie. The lyrics, too, tell the inner story that Bella ...

• is living. It serves as narration for what Bella goes through throughout the movie.

Other tracks such as Blue Foundation’s “Full Moon”, and MuteMath’s “Spotlight” serve as great tracks to sing and dance along with. I find myself eager to write and let the fingers fly across the keyboard whenever these tracks come on. I have also been known to boogie to these songs when I am cleaning the house.

As a whole, the soundtrack allowed me to relive the Twilight movie every time I listened to it. Now that I’ve had it for quite a while, it also serves

to remind me of specific moments in the story that I have come to know and cherish.

The soundtrack was later released as a deluxe extended edition. I own the songs from this CD as well. The extended edition only added remixes of some of the songs. I prefer the original soundtrack.

One of the other things I liked about this soundtrack was the feel of it. It offered me a chance to get to know some great bands. I have not looked back on them since. I have become an avid fan of at least 3 of these bands.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1413121354210931/k2311a1213/12.13.10