Cricket Wireless Broadband Service
  • The monthly cost of the plan associted with this modem is anywhere from $40.00 a month to $70.00 a month and the bandwidth varies from 1-5 gb of usage per month allowed
  • Do be aware though that I have had some technical issues that Cricket has not been able to resolve, but I think these are asscociated with my computer more than with the router as i have Vista on my computer and my friends with Windows XP are not having the same difficulties

• by dsiebrits

I have been using the Cricket wireless broadband service for more than 3 months now and as such will present herein my opinions and feelings regarding the quality of their service. The modem model I received as part of the package is a #Um185c Usb Modem which also included a $50 rebate.

The monthly cost of the plan associted with this modem is anywhere from $40 a month to $70 a month and the bandwidth varies from 1-5

gb of usage per month allowed.

I use the $40 a month plan and it has great speed to begin with, BUT this dramatically decreases as the month goes on.

The speeds sometimes even go below 1kb per second.

However to be fair I usually use far more than the 1gb of bandwidth alloted to me and Cricket wireless does not charge extra fees for this “convienience”.

There is another modem model associated with greater speeds that is ...

• about twice the price of the modem I use.

However they give you a $60 rebate with that modem.

To get the rebate you must be subscribed to the service for4-5 months uninteruppted and Cricket does let you know when you have accopmlished this.

I have been able to run my business not at blazing speeds but I am up and running all the time, so all in alll I would give this service and this product

a 7 out of 10 as far as service quality.

Do be aware though that I have had some technical issues that Cricket has not been able to resolve, but I think these are asscociated with my computer more than with the router as i have Vista on my computer and my friends with Windows XP are not having the same difficulties.

Thanks for reading, I hope this sheds some light on the quality of Cricket’s wiresless broadband service for some.

Cricket Wireless Broadband Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2113121354090931/k2311a1213/12.13.10