Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, Ohio  » Hotels  »
5500 Tuttle Crossing Blvd., Dublin, Ohio 43016
  • I was impressed from the moment I walked in the lobby

• by Layla Whittier

I wasn’t sure what to expect from the brand-new (as of fall 2010)Holiday Inn Express just outside Columbus, Ohio. My husband and I were staying there for one night as an in-town getaway, and I’d never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before.

I was impressed from the moment I walked in the lobby. The hotel owners have employed what seemed to be an Asian theme in its decor: dark wooden furniture, fountains and soothing colors abound (think greens, browns, warm yellows, blues.)

Our suite was even better: sleek black furniture I wouldn’t mind having in our room at home; a jacuzzi tub in the corner (ditto); a high bathroom counter with plenty of space for cosmetics; a flat-screen TV that swiveled for viewing from the bed or tub; a king bed with crisp white linens and pillowcases marked “soft” and “firm.”

The king-bed rooms in the hotel offer showers in the bathrooms but no tubs. Rooms with two queen beds offer tubs. The owners figured that business travelers using the king rooms would have no use for the tub (and the suites, of course, have the jacuzzis), but families would need it for bathing little ones. Makes sense.

The hotel also offers a pool and fitness center. We didn’t get a chance to try either of these, but both looked to be more than adequate.

We filled up the next morning with the free breakfast in the dining room adjacent to the lobby. The hotel offered items ...

• Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, Ohio
      to keep anyone in the family happy: pancakes that made themselves at the push of a button and popped onto your plate (children will likely want to do this again and again), yogurts, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, fruit, cereals, toast, juices, milk, etc.

The dining room has the same dark wood furniture and soothing colors as the rest of the hotel, along with a sitting area in front of a fireplace (gas log, I’m guessing, although I didn’t look

closely), bookshelves filled with vases and decorative items and a large flat-screen TV.

One other perk: coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available at anytime in the dining area.

Tuttle Crossing Mall, various restaurants, a Wal-Mart and other stores are right down the road, and downtown Columbus, Ohio State University and other hot spots are within easy driving distance.

Room rates vary, of course, depending on the day and type, but at about $75-$180 per night, it is certainly worth it for what you get.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 213121353950831/k2311a1213/12.13.10