Kindle WiFi Only Ebook Reader
  • I must say that I like the Kindle the best
  • The Kindle WiFi only type is amazing to hold
  • The e-reader comes with a paper like technology so it makes the reading experience more enjoyable
  • I can be reading directly under the sun on my porch no problem

• by MisterTickle

I have seen and owned a few eBook readers myself. Some include the Pandigital, Sony eReader and the Aluratek reader. I must say that I like the Kindle the best. The Kindle is an e-reader like no other.

The Kindle WiFi only type is amazing to hold. It is really thin, about the size of a pencil. The Kindle has a six inch screen along with a keyboard at the bottom. The screen is not touch screen. I would prefer a touch screen partly because I don’t have to constantly press down the keys. The keyboard is like a keyboard seen on a computer with letters, numbers, and arrow navigation keys. There are two keys on each side of the screen for page left and right. This way I can turn the page and holding the e-reader with one hand at the same time. I find this feature incredibly useful as I can be eating my lunch with one hand

and reading with the other.

The Kindle library has a huge selection of books. I have not experienced one book that isn’t in the library. Usually I can find all my books, buy them, download them, all in two minutes. Two minutes later, I would be eating lunch or sitting on the couch reading. I have experienced a wait time with many other e-reader when trying to connect to the online store via my wireless network. The Kindle delivers books amazingly fast. I figure the download time is roughly ten seconds maximum.

The e-reader comes with a paper like technology so it makes the reading experience more enjoyable. For many e-readers such as the Aluratek one, the screen is incredibly bright and emits a unnatural light. Reading for a long time causes my eyes to hurt due to staring at the strong back light. The Kindle makes the experience more enjoyable. The paper like technology actually makes me feel like ...

• I’m reading from a book.

Other than the paper like technology, there are many other cool things to do with the Kindle. For one, I can use the read to me feature which reads the book to me. For some books, I use the read to me technology. When the Kindle is “reading”, I follow along by both reading and listening. I find it really cool and a nice feature to have. More importantly, I can listen to my favorite books at night when I do not want to read in the dark. I would be lying in bed with the Kindle at my bed stand “reading” to me.

Saying all that, I have not yet said what the keyboard does. Unlike books where if I have an unfamiliar word, I have to go to a dictionary. The Kindle has a dictionary built in. I can use the arrow navigation key and go to the unknown word, highlight and see

the definitions in the dictionary. I could also open the dictionary manually and type the word in. I find the dictionary to be really accurate and there hasn’t been a time where when I type a word, the dictionary cannot find it.

The absolutely best thing about the Kindle is that it is glare free. I can be reading directly under the sun on my porch no problem. The sun does not play a factor in disturbing and affecting me reading from my Kindle.

The price is $139 at Amazon.com. I got it for a bit more because I also selected the leather cover with light accessory. It also comes with free shipping so that is also a good sign. Not only can I read books enjoyably, I can also surf the internet because it has WiFi built in. When I’m not reading, I would surf the net and maybe check the news even though I can get it delivered on the Kindle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1613121353760331/k2311a1213/12.13.10