Avamys (fluticasone furoate) Nasal Spray  » Medicine  »
3.7
  • I have had this problem since I was about high school

• by tabs

I have yearly allergic rhinitis. I have had this problem since I was about high school. Now that I am in my 30s I have been plagued by it on a daily basis. In fact it has become a way of life for me already. Every night before I go to bed is quite difficult because I always have to blow my nose and my nose is always runny. My eyes water and I just sneeze a lot. When I get up in the morning I have a terrible stuffed nose and I have a difficult time breathing because of that.

I finally went to the EENT and my doctor told me I had a bad case of allergic rhinitis. He then prescribed a nasal

spray to help keep the allergic rhinitis symptoms at bay. The name of the nasal spray is Avamys. Avamys comes in a nice plastic dispenser. It has a nice cap, a plunger for pumping out the spray, and a window so that I am able to see how much medicine is left. Avamys is a corticosteroid spray, and delivers 27.5mcg per spray. One bottle has 120 actuations or number of sprays. This is not that cheap though. One bottle costs around $17-18 however it will last you a month. I was prescribed to use it for a month and then have another checkup to see if there had been improvements in my allergic rhinitis symptoms. My doctor told me my dosage was 2 sprays each nostril once a day for a month.

At first though I just opened up the bottle and I did not know that the spray was to be primed. Priming the spray means pressing the pump for about 6 times until a mist appears. This is to be done every time the bottle is kept unused for a long time. If the bottle is used normally on a daily basis, the bottle has to be shaken for about 10 seconds before opening and using the spray. I learned my lesson! The first time I immediately sprayed it and I did not feel anything at all because I failed to prime it. Also, since this sprays a mist, I do not feel like my nose is drowning in medications.

• Avamys (fluticasone furoate) Nasal Spray
      Sometimes I hardly feel something when I do. This is great because it does not make it annoying to use the spray unlike the other sprays that I have used before.

After the first night that I used this nasal spray the effect did not come right away. I also read in the package insert that it does not do it right away. Effects will come after around 8 hours of use. I did notice this, and now after a couple of days using the spray, it did help making my nose become not too sensitive. Before even just a whiff of anything will make me sneeze and my eyes would water up, but now my nose is not as sensitive anymore. I still have the

morning stuffiness but not as bad as before. From a scale of 1 to 10, before I used to have 10 as the worst allergic rhinitis that I have had. Now I am just down to maybe 6. This is really a marked improvement for me and I am looking forward to finishing the bottle and seeing myself be symptom-free.

Corticosteroids are supposed to be tapered before completely stopping cold turkey. My doctor would probably make me use 1 spray each nostril instead of 2 sprays per nostril once I get better. For those who are suffering from allergic rhinitis, discuss this medication with your doctor. This is great because I feel so much better now versus the past days that I have not used this medication.

Jacqueline says :

re : I have had this problem since I was about high school
This is just perfect. Can use it everyday and feel mub better. My doctor recommended it to me. It been 1 year and i dont remember how it feels to have allergy.

Galega says :

Yes, you can use it daily for prolong duration. There should not be any use of this nasal spray regularly.

Reported prices :
51.00 SGDclinic
singapore

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2613121353720331/k2311a1213/12.13.10