LATHER Manuka Body Butter With Grapefruit And Juniper  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like how LATHER combines some unique ingredients in their products, like this body butter
  • Here are some of the interesting natural ingredients that are in this body butter
  • I notice that when I do use too much, the palms of my hands get a little greasy
  • I think this is a good body butter for people who like a soft citrus scent mixed with an herbal scent

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I got this body butter as a sample with a LATHER purchase on QVC. I first learned about the skincare company LATHER when I stayed at the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. There was LATHER soap, lotion, and shower gel in the bathroom. That was when I first got interested in LATHER’s products, and I knew that they had to be pretty high-end if the Borgata carried them. I like how LATHER combines some unique ingredients in their products, like this body butter.

I had never heard of Manuka before I got this sample. But now I have learned that it is a kind of honey as

well as a flowering plant. And this body butter does have an herbal scent as well as a light citrus fragrance. Here are some of the interesting natural ingredients that are in this body butter: juniper oil, lemon oil, grapefruit oil, Manuka honey, witch hazel extract, macadamia nut oil, Brazil nut oil, and kukui nut oil. (I believe the kukui nut is from Hawaii.) So this body butter is jam-packed with wonderful fruit and nut oils. It is a rare treat to get all of those ingredients together in a body butter, so I will make sure that I savor this product and not use too much of it each ...

• time I moisturize my hands. I notice that when I do use too much, the palms of my hands get a little greasy.

One other thing I like about this body butter is its texture. This is a pretty firm, thick, dense body butter. So it probably isn’t necessary to use a lot of it anyway. I have used some other body butters from other companies, but not all of them are as firm and dense as this one from LATHER. To my way of thinking, those firmer and richer body butters are usually the ones with higher quality. So I am glad when I come across them.

I think this is

a good body butter for people who like a soft citrus scent mixed with an herbal scent. It does moisturize my hands well, too. I usually like my body butter scents to linger a little longer so that I can enjoy them more, but that is one of the only complaints I can make about this product. Another complaint is that it is expensive. A 4 ounce jar is $22. Yikes, that is costly for body butter. But if you can afford it, then I say splurge. I think it is worth it, since it contains all of those natural goodies. I can’t think of any other body butter that does.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113121353490331/k2311a1213/12.13.10