Sbarro Italian Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2.5
2 F Market! Market!, Bonifacio Global City Taguig City, Metro Manila
  • My husband and I decided to eat at Sbarro at Market
  • The service was fast and it was a really fast fast-food dining experience for us
  • All in all we were still disappointed with our dinner there
  • I would rate this restaurant a 5 out of 10 given the fact that we only enjoyed 1 dish out of 3 dishes, and that they had a very rickety table that should have been very easy to fix

• by reviewer

My husband and I decided to eat at Sbarro at Market! Market! Mall and it was just a very small restaurant compared to the other branches like Megamall, but there wasn’t any line and we had missed Sbarro’s cooking so we dined here for dinner.

The restaurant had no door and it was just an open-spaced restaurant which gives diners a view of the mall in the middle where you can watch shoppers and families just go by, but I wouldn’t really want to sit there as it’s not sanitary and it can be hassling for people to pass you by while you’re eating, you won’t enjoy your meal that way. Several couples and people were dining inside and no one was eating out maybe because of the same reasons we had, and we had to settle at a chair and table which the table was really rickety and we had to hold it every time I would slice my pizza as the whole table would be rocking back and forth.

The staff however were

very friendly and the place was clean, no complaints aside from the rocking table. The service was fast and it was a really fast fast-food dining experience for us. The food however wasn’t as good as with the other branches and when we ordered pasta, it was so dry and it just wasn’t as good as with the Megamall branch. The pasta we ordered was Baked Ziti and it was priced at P174.00, it was really dry even with the yummy white sauce. The white sauce was good but the pasta itself was dry and it was no good. Also we had some garlic bread and it was so the most terrible garlic bread I have ever tasted. The garlic bread looked so yummy and big; it was big and thick and was covered with ample amount of garlic on top, but when you bite through it, it’s as if it’s just pan-de-sal all throughout the whole garlic bread. The top consists of garlic all right, but when you get to just about ¼ ...

• biting through it you’ll realize there’s nothing underneath but just flour, literally!

For pizza I ordered their Sausage Pizza for P110.00 and it was big; the cheese though wasn’t as fresh-tasting and gooey and oozing as it should have been (again, as with the other branches) and when it was served it wasn’t hot anymore! I didn’t complain anymore due to the fear that they might do something unsanitary with my food, so I just ate the whole thing because I was so hungry, but one major complaint I had was that the crust underneath showed lots of burnt bread – almost ¼ of the crust had burnt bread and the pizza wasn’t even that hot! It looked like it was really sitting there on the display case for a long time and I had just eaten some pizza that was maybe baked in the morning and now I’m having it for dinner, not really a nice meal for me.

My husband had ordered some lasagna however and that meal hit the spot for

us. It was very hot and freshly out of the oven when we had it and it’s price was P198.00. It was very tasty and it had real tomato sauce and lots and lots of ground beef in it; it was a really nice meal and it was a very huge serving, given the price.

All in all we were still disappointed with our dinner there. Their meals shouldn’t have been dry and burnt and I’m only giving them the benefit of the doubt that the staff is here and the management runs differently from the other branches and that they should have been more strict here. I would rate this restaurant a 5 out of 10 given the fact that we only enjoyed 1 dish out of 3 dishes, and that they had a very rickety table that should have been very easy to fix. The place is clean yes and the staff and service is good, but food should always come first and I’d say we wouldn’t really be eating at this branch again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 713121353460231/k2311a1213/12.13.10