MAC Naked Lunch eyeshadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • I generally stick to neutral colors like browns, beiges, and champagnes when it comes to eyeshadows, so I thought Naked Lunch would be a perfect eyeshadow to try out
  • In the pan (I bought the pan form of this eyeshadow from a MAC freestanding store for eleven dollars which is cheaper than buying the eyeshadow from the pot container which is $14.50), MAC's Naked Lunch looks like a beige/champagne color with a slight sheen to it
  • However, when I applied this to my eyes, I was disappointed because it is simply too light, and the pigmentation isn't anything amazing
  • I wear this sometimes all over my lid, but I generally don't reach for Naked Lunch because I have other eyeshadows that I like better
  • Once I'm done with this eyeshadow, (and I don't think this will be lasting very long either since I have to pack on so much just to get this to show up on my eyes) I will not be repurchasing

• by kelairyy

I generally stick to neutral colors like browns, beiges, and champagnes when it comes to eyeshadows, so I thought Naked Lunch would be a perfect eyeshadow to try out. In the pan (I bought the pan form of this eyeshadow from a MAC freestanding store for eleven dollars which is cheaper than buying the eyeshadow from the pot container which is $14. 50), MAC’s Naked Lunch looks like a beige/champagne color with a slight sheen to it.

I wanted to wear this all over my lid and then add a darker color in the crease for some definition. However, when I applied this to my eyes, I was disappointed because it is simply too light, and the pigmentation isn’t anything amazing.

It does show up decently when I swatch this and even when I apply this to my lid, but it isn’t very noticeable. Even for someone like me who doesn’t like a lot of noticeable eyeshadow, this doesn’t show up very well.

For $14. 50, I expected the quality to be a lot better.

I have a lot of other eyeshadows that were a lot cheaper that are better quality and prettier too. On my lid, this color is a light champagne, almost off-white color with a slight sheen, but that sheen isn’t too noticeable.

I wear this sometimes all over my lid, but I generally don’t reach for Naked Lunch because I have other eyeshadows that I like better. Sometimes ...

• I use this on my browbone as a highlight, which does work a lot better, but overall I’m just disappointed with this eyeshadow.

Applying this eyeshadow is decent, but it isn’t too smooth or anything amazing. Also, since the color is so light, I have to pack this onto my eyeshadow brush and dip the brush onto the eyeshadow multiple times for it to show up on my eyes.

This is kind of a hassle on days when I’m in a hurry and just want to quickly apply my eyeshadow and get out the door. Since this color is not that pigmented, I thought I could use this on the inner tear duct area to brighten up my eyes but

not make it overpowering since it isn’t too shimmery.

However, this doesn’t even look that good on the inner tear duct because it doesn’t grab any attention at all. Since this eyeshadow is neutral and works for an every day look, I’m definitely going to be using this still, but I’m not too impressed with Naked Lunch.

I regret spending so much on this eyeshadow when I could have bought a trio from Wet n Wild for only three bucks that was way better quality. Once I’m done with this eyeshadow, (and I don’t think this will be lasting very long either since I have to pack on so much just to get this to show up on my eyes) I will not be repurchasing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113121353240231/k2311a1213/12.13.10