MAC Speed Dial Lipstick  » Cosmetics  »
  • Speed Dial isn't bright for some people, but for me, this definitely is a bit out of my comfort zone
  • I don't regret buying this lipstick, but I definitely don't reach for it as much as I should considering that this was $14.50 which is kind of pricey because I never use this
  • Because this color is less wearable (some people would disagree with me, but that is my opinion) that other lipsticks I own, I tend to reach for the lighter colors instead of Speed Dial
  • Also, this color isn't THAT pretty in my opinion because it's just a darker pink color
  • I recommend this to anyone who likes to experiment or aren't afraid of wearing bolder lipstick (and this color isn't even that bold, but it just isn't light enough for me)

• by kelairyy

I am not a bold person when it comes to makeup; that means I generally stray from bright eyeshadows and lipsticks. Speed Dial isn’t “bright” for some people, but for me, this definitely is a bit out of my comfort zone. It’s medium pink color that doesn’t scream when I wear this, but it definitely is darker than what I normally wear (think nudes or light pinks like MAC Angel/Creme Cup) and draws attention to my lips.

I don’t regret buying this lipstick, but I definitely don’t reach for it as much as I should considering that this was $14.50 which is kind of pricey because I never use this. Because this color is less wearable (some people would disagree with me, but that is my opinion) that other lipsticks I own,

I tend to reach for the lighter colors instead of Speed Dial. I do think Speed Dial is pretty, but it’s just not me. I’ve rarely worn this even though I’ve owned this for about a month now. Also, this color isn’t THAT pretty in my opinion because it’s just a darker pink color. It’s not baby pink which is my favorite, or even coral, which is more unique. Even when I put on a lighter nude lipgloss over it to kind of tone it down, something about MAC’s Speed Dial lipstick just doesn’t look right on me. The only times I really wear this is to a night out or perhaps a party. I should have tried this on in the store, but I kind of just looked at it (really ...

• pretty in the container) and bought it without really thinking. It’s a nice lipstick to have, I suppose, but it’s not a neccesity, and I’m a little sad I spent so much on this lipstick when I could have bought a drugstore lipstick in this shade.

The quality is really good, however! It’s a cremesheen formula which means that it is very creamy and easy to apply on your lips. It doesn’t dry my lips out at all, and I can wear this on my lips without even putting lip balm underneath it, which is saying something since my lips are constantly dry and chapped. This doesn’t emphasize the fine lines in my lips, so I definitely love this formula, and I wish more brands had this kind of quality. MAC lipsticks

definitely last a long time, and Speed Dial will last especially long since I haven’t really been wearing this. I love the quality and formula, but I don’t really like how Speed Dial looks on me, so I can’t say that I see myself repurchasing this. I will experiment with this some more, but I don’t know if I would recommend this. On darker skinned girls, I think this would look amazing, or even paler girls for that pop of color. I recommend this to anyone who likes to experiment or aren’t afraid of wearing bolder lipstick (and this color isn’t even that bold, but it just isn’t light enough for me). However, if you like to keep it natural, I would skip Speed Dial lipstick and go for something else in MAC’s lipstick line.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113121353230231/k2311a1213/12.13.10