Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast in Purple Plume  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is definitely a product that should not be used by itself (or even with just a primer)
  • Unfortunately, I found that I had to go back and coat my lid several times to get anywhere near the look that was in any of the advertisements
  • It is an average drugstore product, but not quite something that I see myself purchasing ever again because I was disappointed with the results

• by Intensify

I have seen tons of advertisements for the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast product all over pretty much every magazine that I open up these days. You’ve probably seen the advertisement too. It features Drew Barrymore with very dramatic looking eyes. I have been wanting to get a similar look for ages so I recently decided to try the Smoky Shadow Blast out because it was very inexpensive and the advertisements drew me in so well.

The Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast is a cream shadow stick with two ends. One side is a bit more rounded and the other has a sharper edge so that it can be used more like a liner. Initially, I really liked that this was double sided so that one end could be used on

the lid and the other could be used as more of a liner. However, this did not last very long. The side that can be used like a liner starts off alright, but once you’ve used a lot of the product, the end becomes rounded and it’s impossible to use as a liner anymore. I don’t think that the person who designed the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast really thought this through.

One thing I do not like is that it does not come with very much product, but since it’s cheap, I’m not really concerned. If you use it on a regular basis, you’ll run out fast. Only a tiny amount is used each time. A little bit goes a long way. If used correctly, you can get your money’s worth.

The wearability of the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast on its own isn’t that great. The product creases up in a major way which is so frustrating. I have to use it with other products for it not to crease. There are just a lot of things about the consistency of this product that I do not like. For instance, this product does not dry. I do realize that it is a creamy product but I have used other creams in the past that start out as a cream and then dry. This one just stays as a cream and that probably has a lot to do with the fact that it creases so much. This is definitely a product that should not be used by itself (or even with ...

• Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast in Purple Plume
      just a primer). It needs to be set by a powder. Otherwise, it will fade off by the end of the day. On its own, it just does not have any staying power.

The Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast has decent pigmenting if a lot of the product is used. It goes on light and isn’t that bold if you just use one light swipe of it. Unfortunately, I found that I had to go back and coat my lid several times to get anywhere near the look that was in any of the advertisements. The “purple plume” shade itself is really nice. I am typically not that into purple eye shadows, but this shade is a good one. It complements many different skin tones and again, if enough product

is used, it can be pretty dramatic.

This product is a good base, but it should not be used on its own as an eye shadow product. I feel like it was not advertised as it should have been. Overall, I have to give the Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast in Purple Plume a rating of a 6 out of 10. I will probably not continue to purchase this product in the future. Though inexpensive, there is not much product in the tube. Also, in order to get the maximum effect that I saw on Drew Barrymore’s eyes in all the advertisements, you have to use so much of this product. It is an average drugstore product, but not quite something that I see myself purchasing ever again because I was disappointed with the results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113121353080231/k2311a1213/12.13.10