StraightTalk
  • Unfortunately, the minutes do not roll over either
  • Aside from that, it is a great service that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good pre paid cell phone plan
  • It is a wonderful, low cost, pre paid service
  • Reception is crystal clear and we never have a problem with dropped calls

• by betsyraeduke

Recently my husband and I switched from Virgin Mobile to Straight Talk cellular phone service. So far, we are very happy with our decision. Straight Talk really suits are needs well and has good service. All of this comes at a very affordable price.

Straight Talk is a prepaid cell phone service. Although this service is owned and offered by Tracfone, it is exclusively sold by Wal Mart. In order to use Straight Talk service, you first need a Straight Talk phone, these too, are sold exclusively at Wal Mart.

After you have purchased your Straight Talk phone, you then have the option of buying either a $30 or $45 air time card to go with it. The

$30 card, (All You Need plan), gives you 30 days of service and/or 1000 talk time minutes, 1000 texts and 30MB mobile web access. The $45 card gives you 30 days of service with unlimited talk time, texts and mobile web access.

As you can see, Straight Talk offers a lot of talk, text and web time for the buck. This is both a blessing and a curse. These plans are great if you are a chatterbox and/or text a lot. However, these are the only two plans offered by Straight Talk, therefore, if you don’t use your cell phone much, you will often have a lot of unused minutes, text availability, etc. on these phones at the ...

• end of each month. Unfortunately, the minutes do not roll over either.

That said, Straight Talk is wonderful otherwise. I live out in the country. With our old, Virgin Mobile phones, which we used to have, we never got reception at home. With the Straight Talk however, we get fabulous reception! We are almost never without a signal since switching over to Straight Talk!

When we make calls on these phones, we can hear perfectly on them. Sound comes through the receiver crystal clear and is never muffled. We have not had any problems with dropped calls either. My husband and I have the $30 plan. We both share the same phone and fine that the 1000 texts and

talk minutes are plenty for the both of us.

I do wish that Straight Talk would offer more minute plans than just the two they have. Aside from that, it is a great service that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good pre paid cell phone plan. We should keep in mind though, that Straight Talk is still a relatively new service so in the future, they might offer a larger variety of service plans.

Overall, I really like Straight Talk cell phone service. It is a wonderful, low cost, pre paid service. Reception is crystal clear and we never have a problem with dropped calls. We get service almost any where too. Kudos to Straight Talk!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2213121352900231/k2311a1213/12.13.10