Halo Liv-a-littles White Meat Chicken Protein Treats
  • I bought a bag and spent a few days training them using a treat-reward system, and they LOVED these treats
  • I actually could hardly get them to focus on the commands I was giving because I could see their little brains just figuring I was holding something delicious and they wanted it
  • I highly recommend these high protein snacks

• by Anasuya

I am usually very old school when it comes to my pets. I don’t spend $20 a week on a plate of baby-back ribs for myself, so I’m certainly not going to spend $20 a week on a bag of dog food (much to the chagrin of some of my animal-loving friends who feed their animals nothing but Fancy Feast and Alpo). Usually my two dogs get generic grocery store brand dog food that comes in a huge bag for $7 which lasts us almost a whole month. But, I recently got it in my head I was going to train these animals properly, even if it killed me, and I wanted to find a

good treat to reward them with during the training process. The Halo Liv-a-Littles, 100% White Meat Chicken Protein Treats were just such the treat, because they were totally natural and totally healthy. It was like I’d cooked up a pound of fresh chicken, cut them up into little bite-sized bits, without ever doing any of the work!

You can get it in lamb, beef, salmon and whitefish as well, so there’s a variety of flavors and proteins to feed your dogs. I figured chicken was a safe place to start, and I loved the fact that it was a low carb snack. The food I fed them daily had carbs in it, and though they ...

• have a high metabolism, I didn’t want to over-carb their diet and wanted to stick to a pure protein treat if I could help it, and was glad to find something that I would continue to use even after the training process, because it was obvious how healthy for your pets this product really was.

You can add them to their dried food as a high protein addition, but I find they might be a little out of my budget to do this on a regular basis. I bought a bag and spent a few days training them using a treat-reward system, and they LOVED these treats. I actually could hardly get them to focus

on the commands I was giving because I could see their little brains just figuring I was holding something delicious and they wanted it. They would sit, stand, roll-over and give me paw all one right after the other, without any vocal command from me at all because they figured one of those tricks was going to earn them a reward!

Not sure it’s a great training treat (LOL) but it was truly a healthy and tasty good-dog treat for them regardless, and now I buy a bag of them every single week so that I’m sure I’ve giving them something yummy and letting them know how much I appreciate their company. I highly recommend these high protein snacks!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2913121352600131/k2311a1213/12.13.10