Prime Iron Plus Ferrous Sulfate and Multivitamins Supplement  » Health  »
  • While my fainting spells weren’t happening as before, I thought to just sustain my iron intake, despite that I replaced my former iron supplement with a new one
  • I decided to throw all my cares away and start again with these ferrous sulfate tablets I’m currently taking
  • Since not much can be said about the neutral effect of health supplements to the body, apart from keeping it healthy, of course, I think this iron tablet is no different from the one I’ve previously taken
  • One thing I found promising about this tablet is how it provides me sustained energy throughout the day
  • Oftentimes, I feel calm and altogether, I see no reason to associate tea and iron with nervousness because they cause me none of that, definitely

• by jhunie

I somehow failed to be in correspondence with the particular doctor who prescribed me the anti-anemia supplement I took for months. This left me idle after I finished my own supply of that supplement and went on without continuing to take any iron for weeks. While my fainting spells weren’t happening as before, I thought to just sustain my iron intake, despite that I replaced my former iron supplement with a new one. Now I’m left on my own as to what iron supplement I’ll be adding to my diet. I already had a brief period of dry cough previously so I knew better not to slack off my usual health regimen. I decided to throw all my cares away and start again with these ferrous sulfate tablets I’m currently taking. I saw Prime Iron Plus in the pharmacy and I liked this one instantly because it didn’t smell so much like the other ferrous sulfate supplements, which gave out that dry metallic aroma of corroding steel. And its long list of B complex vitamins is just what my undernourished body needs. But I realized there’s actually one quality of multivitamins that I generally dislike: the fact alone that they’re fattening.

Since not much can be said about the

neutral effect of health supplements to the body, apart from keeping it healthy, of course, I think this iron tablet is no different from the one I’ve previously taken. Though, I regard it as a more generic vitamin supplement, instead of a serious almost-medicinal type. My body is in good shape and I may even assume that I am as healthy as a horse at the moment, but I also assert this dietary supplement helped me recover fast from my past illness. My respiratory health seems in fine condition and thus far, my breathing has totally gone back to normal. Meanwhile, I don’t feel any radical changes in my body. I don’t sense that this ferrous sulfate tablet is promoting better brain functions. There were only very rare occasions in which I experienced a boost of mental agility with other notable supplements, my job requires a lot of mental concentration, but lately my thoughts have been quite dry. So no added brain power in this tablet, call me superstitious, but I really find some nutritional drugs and the like affect my mental functions in one way or another.

One thing I found promising about this tablet is how it provides me sustained energy throughout the day. I don’t feel ...

• sleepy in the afternoon, even though I only slept very little the preceding night. Maybe the good amount of vitamin b complex in this tablet makes that possible. I avoid drinking caffeine in the morning, if possible, because it aggravates my anxieties and elevates my palpitations. Anyway, I find a glass of green tea is just as good, if not better. Oftentimes, I feel calm and altogether, I see no reason to associate tea and iron with nervousness because they cause me none of that, definitely. The only thing I don’t like referring to the conceived effects of this iron supplement, subjectively, is the consecutive episodes of constipation I’ve been getting whilst taking the tablets. It occurred probably twice or three times and it actually made me think twice of going back to this supplement. So far, my bowels have been pretty manageable these days and I hope to never deal with it again. If things go to worse, I’ll have to seek another iron supplement.

Just like my former iron supplement, I have a strong conviction that this also makes me feel hungry than I should be. Therefore, it increases my appetite. Earlier, I just gained a kilo of weight. The last time I checked

about a week before, I was still 3 pounds lighter. It may be a small gain, but I won’t wait until it reaches up north before I start having issues with this iron tablet. The size of the tablet is big too, well they really squeezed a lot of nutrients in it, and thus the adult size is really a bit of an endeavor to swallow. The taste is pure iron here; it leaves a metallic taste upon the palate.

Only a pop of these tablets are required per day, I take them either at breakfast or lunch. It should be noted that ferrous sulfate dietary supplements need a full stomach prior to administration. Since this is known to cause me constipation, I try to increase fiber in my diet accompanied by ample hydration, so water retention in my digestion is ensured. The price is 7 dollars a bottle full of 200 tablets. I think that’s a reasonable price to pay. I probably won’t buy this again. If you’re predisposed to anemia, then you might find this sufficient enough to carry on your iron needs. I recommend it for that matter. As for me, I’ll probably do better with an iron-based supplement without the added vitamins and fattening effect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410121352370831/k2311a1210/12.10.10