Banquet Turkey Pot Pie  » Food  »
  • I love meat pot pies, especially in the fall and winter months when the temperature drops
  • Banquet Turkey Pot Pies are filled with bite size tender pieces of turkey, peas, potatoes, carrots, and a delicious broth
  • There is just something about the flavor that I prefer over other pot pies, even those that are more expensive and more generous in size than these
  • Whatever it is, if you are in the mood for a pot pie, I recommend that you try a Banquet Turkey Pot Pie

• by deem

I love meat pot pies, especially in the fall and winter months when the temperature drops. To me, they are a classic comfort food. They remind me of childhood, especially Banquet Pot Pies which have been around since I was a child, years ago. Although Banquet Chicken Pot Pie is probably my favorite flavor, Banquet Turkey Pot Pies are a close second. There is nothing like a hot, steaming pot pie on a cold winter afternoon.

Weighing about 7 ounces, Banquet Turkey Pot Pies are small, frozen, pot pies that you can find in the freezer section of your local supermarket. They are

compact enough in size that it is easy to keep a supply of them in my freezer at home so I can grab one to bring to work for a tasty, economical lunch. The box is compact enough that it even fits comfortably in the tiny freezer compart of the mini refrigerator at work, with room to spare. Usually I can find Banquet Pot Pies for less than a dollar in my local supermarket so they are really very reasonably priced.

Each pot pie is baked in a small cardboard pie “plate” that can be heated in the microwave for between 4 and 5 minutes. Before you pop one into the microwave, however, you should remember to cut a slit in the top crust. If you don’t do this (and sometimes even if you do), the yummy gooey broth in the pot pie tends to ooze out of the pot pie in the microwave. You should also remember to place a microwave-safe plate beneath the pot pie in the microwave in order to catch any overflow.

After heating, you should allow the pot pie to cool for about three minutes before attempting to eat it. If you don’t wait, I can assure you that you will burn your ...

• Banquet Turkey Pot Pie
      mouth on the hot filling. Banquet Turkey Pot Pies are filled with bite size tender pieces of turkey, peas, potatoes, carrots, and a delicious broth. My favorite way to eat a Banquet Pot Pie is to break into the top crust and mix the chunks of crust into the broth so every bite will be flavored with the broth.

If I have one complaint about Banquet Turkey Pot Pies, as well as the other flavors, it is that they are a little skimpy on the filling. I realize that they are very reasonably priced, but I would be willing to pay a little more if

they would be a little more generous with the filling. Nevertheless, when I am in the mood for a pot pie, it is the Banquet Pot Pies that I find myself reaching for. There is just something about the flavor that I prefer over other pot pies, even those that are more expensive and more generous in size than these. Perhaps it is because only Banquet Pot Pies bring back the flavors I remember from my childhood. Perhaps it is the relatively high sodium content. Whatever it is, if you are in the mood for a pot pie, I recommend that you try a Banquet Turkey Pot Pie.

Banquet Turkey Pot Pie
Kristen Lara says :

I actually grew up on Banquet’s turkey pot pies, so I feel a lot of nostalgia every time I see them in stores. I just remember getting out of school while hungry and putting around 4 in the oven for me and my sisters, and then making some more later on for my mom and dad when they would get out of work . I rarely get them now, but I am still reminded of the thick goodness of the meat, vegetables, and crust. At some stores, they can be around 50 cents, but I think they are about one dollar in the majority of stores.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710121352120731/k2311a1210/12.10.10