Sergeant’s Nature’s Guardian Tick and Flea for Cats  » Pets  »
1.0
Ingle’s Grocery Store in Marion, NC
  • When I noticed the Nature's Guardian at Ingles for only $9.99 for 3 months, I decided to try it
  • I know they will not be going on my cat's neck
  • It has not been registered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency if that is an issue for you

• by Renae

I purchased Nature’s Guardian Flea and Tick for cats because it was cheaper than the stuff I get at the vet. I have been paying $15 for one month of Frontline for cats. When I noticed the Nature’s Guardian at Ingles for only $9.

99 for 3 months, I decided to try it. The following are the active ingredients: Peppermint Oil 3%, Cinnamon Oil 4.

50%, Lemon Grass Oil 4. 50% Clove Oil 5%, Thyme Oil 5% Other ingredients are: Vanillin, Isopropyl Myristate 78% These ingredients are supposed to attack the neurotransmitter that only insects have.

This combination of the oils cause a breakdown of the

central nervous system in the fleas, ticks and mosquitos, thus, killing them immediately. I don’t know why I didn’t think about how strong this would smell on my cat, but, it does! She smells like a walking citronella candle! I feel so sorry for her! Not only that, it’s very oily.

Another dumb thing I didn’t think about. Duh…all the ingredients ARE oil!

It wouldn’t have been too bad, but, the dose is quite large.

It’s 0. 07 ounces of oil.

For you or I, that wouldn’t be much, but put that on the back of your kitty cats neck and it’s an oily ...

• MESS! It made her long hair look gross and feel gross and smell gross!

There’s no way for me to know if it will truly kill and repel fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes, so now that I’ve got this stuff on my cat, I don’t even know if it will work!

Personally, I will not buy this product again. But if someone has an ‘outdoor all the time’ cat, it probably wouldn’t be so bad.

I have two more vials left since it comes 3 to a pack and I don’t know what to do with the other two. I know they will not

be going on my cat’s neck!

On the positive side, it IS safe for use around children, so if you have a baby who likes to suck on the cats fur, it won’t be poisonous like Frontline or Revolution would be, however, the do give instruction to call poison control or a doctor if it gets in your eye.

It has not been registered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency if that is an issue for you. This product might be cheaper than the Frontline and Revolution, but it’s not worth saving the 20 bucks if you can’t stand the smell of your pet!

Janell Scott says :

I just used a natural Nature`s guardian flea spray on my cats and now they are wetting pooping on the floor. What should I do? And why are they doing this?

John says :

Janelle, it seems like a reaction to the spray, possibly allergic. You should use dawn dish soap to wash them off. This will help to wash off some of the spray.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29803135200331/k2311a038/3.8.07