Shoe (comic)
  • Even though I had grown up seeing the comic strip “Shoe” in the papers, I had never paid it much attention until I was a teenager, and when I did, it had become one of my favourite comic strips that would appear in the comic strip section of that particular newspaper
  • I recommend the comic strip and comic book “Shoe” because its workplace humour is amusing

• by Redtape

Even though I had grown up seeing the comic strip “Shoe” in the papers, I had never paid it much attention until I was a teenager, and when I did, it had become one of my favourite comic strips that would appear in the comic strip section of that particular newspaper.

While the comic strip “Shoe” is not one of those comic strips that will cause me to burst out laughing, I still would read it because I had found

much of its witty humour quite addictive and amusing. There was not only that, but I liked the fact of how everything in it, especially the humanoid characters which were different species of birds, were drawn.

The comic strip focuses on the lives of a group of employees (who are portrayed as different species of birds), who work at a particular newspaper. The strangest part of it though, is that while the name of the comic is “Shoe”, which is also ...

• a character in the comic strip, the comic mostly revolves around the life and activities of the character “Cosmo”, who also works at the newspaper.

“Cosmo” is my favourite character because I think that it is he who makes the comic even more interesting than it already is. While he does not have a larger than life personality and character, like some of the main characters in some comic strips and comic books, his life is still quite something to watch.

He is overweight and very average and his desk and work area always have piles upon piles of paper on it, since h e just finds it hard to use the computer.

My favourite parts of the comic strip sometimes are where the computer whiz, who is a bird dressed in a wizard costume usually tries to teach Cosmo about some hopelessly complex fact about his computer.

I recommend the comic strip and comic book “Shoe” because its workplace humour is amusing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 179121351870831/k2311a129/12.9.10