The Barnes and Noble Nook WiFi
  • The Barnes and Noble Nook Wifi has got to be the best investment I could have made
  • For anyone who is wary of the new way to read books, I suggest the Nook as a possible gateway reader
  • I know I have truly enjoyed my first two weeks, and known I will continue to enjoy it for years to come

• by Heather

The Barnes and Noble Nook Wifi has got to be the best investment I could have made.

This device is everything I could want if I was going to switch to electronic reading. Being someone who has a difficult time reading on a computer screen, I was leery of the idea.

The Nook put all of my fears to rest. The screen is virtually glare free, and with a simple book light clipped to its edge, the Nook was even fun to

read in bed!

There are two features of this E-reader I have loved from the very beginning. The first is the battery life. This battery lasts for almost a whole week, especially when you have the WiFi turned off. This is a trick I learned quickly. There is no need to turn the device off, since it uses very little energy. You can even set it to put itself to sleep after a certain amount of time.

For someone who is ...

• notorious for forgetting to turn battery powered devices off, this was a blessing. I recently forgot to turn off the device when I got involved in a TV show. I had put the device away without turning the power off. When I went to get it out the next day, I still had quite a bit of battery left. This made my day, since I didn’t have the time to charge it.

The second feature is the ability to change the text.

No more having to squint if my eyes get tired, or are being bothered by allergies. I can now just adjust the size and style of the font to make it easier to read.

For anyone who is wary of the new way to read books, I suggest the Nook as a possible gateway reader. It is simple to use, and fun too. I know I have truly enjoyed my first two weeks, and known I will continue to enjoy it for years to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169121351510731/k2311a129/12.9.10