Youth in Revolt (Movie 2010)  » Movies  »
  • However, their love story was about to end when Nick's family moved back to their place
  • With Fracois' evil dominion over Nick's actions, he is meant to get Nick laid all at the price of trouble
  • This movie is funny, but it's not really that type of funny that will make you laugh out loud
  • I bet most of the dialogue have great punchlines, but when I was watching it, some of those punchlines are left in Nick Twisp's fast tongue

• by Shuyi

They say there is always a first time for everything, and Michael Cera totally banged it in this movie! Youth in Revolt is about a sex-obsessed, virgin named Nick Twisp (Michael Cera) who falls in love with a very sweet yet manipulative girl named Shinee Saunders (Portia Doubleday). Their romantic affair seem to be perfect for Nick when Shinee began responding to his love in a very passionate way. However, their love story was about to end when Nick’s family moved back to their place. For them to

be together again, Nick tries get kicked out of the house and he does this by being bad! And I mean, bad! In his pursuit for love, I mean sex, he tries to create the perfect alter-ego, Francois Dilinger, a bad-ass, cigar-smoking, mustached dilenquent. With Fracois’ evil dominion over Nick’s actions, he is meant to get Nick laid all at the price of trouble!

It’s very refreshing to see Michael Cera act out as the bad guy, for I always see him in movies where he plays the ...

• role of an awkward nerdy, loser. It’s about time that he evolve and explore other roles! I don’t know about you, but this movie about the typical rebellion of an adolescent did make me laugh, with Michael Cera being the sole reason for doing so. Shinee Saunders (Portia Doubleday), well she’s gorgeous, but I don’t know. Her acting is pretty good. She appeared sweet and angelic in front of Nick, but then in the actual sense, she’s playing hard to please and a bit manipulative.

This movie is

funny, but it’s not really that type of funny that will make you laugh out loud. I bet most of the dialogue have great punchlines, but when I was watching it, some of those punchlines are left in Nick Twisp’s fast tongue. I had to rewind and hear what he originally said because as I mentioned, Michael Cera talks really fast, it’s hard to catch up and think about what he’s saying!

All in all, Youth in Revolt is a great film for the native american! I highly suggest it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119121351440731/k2311a129/12.9.10