Family Guy - Season 9  » TV  »
  • He never had a problem telling you the way it was or the way he saw it
  • When I thought it was just like all the others with no value of watching or truly calling it a Family Guy episode, they put Brian on the Bill Mayer show
  • I was impressed and delighted to see that there was some comedy in that episode
  • The only episodes that I would recommend seeing of Season 9 of Family Guy are the first, the Halloween episode, and the last ten minutes of the last episode
  • I am a huge Family Guy fan and this season just has me very disappointed and honestly, dreading what might be coming next, if these episodes were a sign of things to come

• by sarahdragon26

For a show that got canceled twice before, Family Guy had been doing a great job in giving exactly what it had promised, 30 minutes of funny jokes and scenes where you ask yourself what movies they took that from. Yet, some fans, myself included, have been asking themselves what happened during this current, 9th season. Many of the season’s episodes have been hit and miss with their attempts at humor that fall so far short of even being funny.

Even some of the characters have started to change, which was never needed, for they all were prefect in their roles. Prefect example is the dog, Brian.

He was always so gun-hole about his ideals and beliefs as in legalizing pot or writing his novel or

who was responsible for all the world’s problems. He never had a problem telling you the way it was or the way he saw it.

Yet, in Season 9, his character seems to have changed with each episode. It almost seems like the writers have changed his views, which were prefect for his role in the Griffin Family as one of the even minded members.

In one of the newer episodes, he changes completely to follow the views of others without questioning them, which is not what the writers have portrayed him as through the years. And it seems more and more of the episodes are lacking the comedic traits that many of us viewers have been watching the series for.

We all enjoy watching Brian ...

• and Stewie get into trouble and Peter always doing something dumb, but in some ways, the new season has left most of us high and dry in the laughing department. The only jokes that this season has had to offer, was the joke about the New York Mets season starting and immediately ending.

Which is funny to me because I am a Mets fan and I understand that, just as other Met fans do. The last new episode had to do with Brian writing a self-help book that he just made without even trying.

When I thought it was just like all the others with no value of watching or truly calling it a Family Guy episode, they put Brian on the Bill Mayer show. Now,

that was unexpected and incredibly funny.

But you can’t give all the credit to Family Guy because Bill Mayer is a funny guy to begin with. I was impressed and delighted to see that there was some comedy in that episode.

And for the record, it was Bill Mayer who made me laugh. The only episodes that I would recommend seeing of Season 9 of Family Guy are the first, the Halloween episode, and the last ten minutes of the last episode.

Those three are the only ones that actually had value of seeing them again. I am a huge Family Guy fan and this season just has me very disappointed and honestly, dreading what might be coming next, if these episodes were a sign of things to come.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 109121351300731/k2311a129/12.9.10